Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Low Budget indoor single plant closet grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by XLpacman805, Jul 2, 2012.

1. So I plan on growing 1 plant at a time and I do not have a lot of money to spend so hopefully this works out. I have 1 2700k CFL light and a mini fan for ventilation, but I plan on changing that with a PC fan later on. [​IMG]

The hot air should move up and travel into the attic. [​IMG]
    My seed should be fully germinated monday morning and I'll plant it 1/2 inch into the soil.[​IMG]

I'm using a Nirvana Auto Northern Lights seed and Fox Farms Ocean forest potting soil. I've tried this 2 other times, but I had some problems where I had to get rid of them. So I'll be updating this grow journal once it sprouts and so on. Wish me luck.

2. Alright so day 4 and things seem to coming along pretty well. The seed is still attached to the seedling and I'll just let that be. I've been watering my soil every other day because the dries up pretty fast. I think it's because I dont water it enough when I water it? But I'll just keep what I'm doing.

Attached Files:

3. Id just keep the soil moist a few inch's deep since it doesn't have a big root system to keep wet there's no need to water till you get runoff. Also it's ok to pull that seed off the leaf, it wont do any harm to... ill deff be following this grow.

4. Thanks for the advice man. I appreciate it, I'll check out your grow as well.

5. Day 8 and everything seems good. I took off the seed just by gently rubbing it off. It got taller and grew some new leaves. So far so good.

Attached Files:

6. Its looking good so far, good work , check out my latest great white shark grow

7. Day 13.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      126.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Day 19. So the leaves in my plant started to point upward. I don't know if this is normal. Also the little pedals at the bottom started to turn yellow.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      123.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      94.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      87 KB
      Views:
  9. The little pedals are what feeds the plant from sprout through seedling into vegetation. And then they fall off. Completely normal

10. How far away is your light to your plant? Should be no more than 6" or so.

11. About 4 inches

12. Hows the plants going

13. I second that.

14. Day 26 It's still pretty small, but hopefully it will get bigger. The yellow petals fell off. I haven't added any nutrients yet and idk if I should because well...its still small.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      113.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      128.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      115.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Your Fox Farm soil will have enough nutrients for now, I wouldn't.

16. Have u ever tried coco medium brother

17. No, this is my first time getting the seed to successfully sprout. Should I be using that?

18. It is pretty good, but it doesnt matter, try it next time maybe, cant wait to see your posts and pics as it grows, check out my great white shark grow

19. Day 31, Some other leaves shriveled up. and the tips are turning yellow on the bottom ones. It doesn't look like nute burn from the fox farm, but it does get hot in the closet, and I haven't used the fan yet. I pulled the light further away from the plant, and I'm going to get some rechargeable batteries for the fan and hopefully it will help with the heat.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      120.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      130.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png