low budget closet grow tutorial

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by qbx101, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Hey guys

[SIZE=13.5pt]INTRO[/SIZE]
    This is going to be a regularly updated grow journal of my first closet grow. Up until now I haven't been able to do anything besides stealth pc grow boxes but recently I had a good friend of mine come into a large sum of money. He bought his own place and permitted me to have complete access to one of his closets.
    [SIZE=13.5pt]GOAL[/SIZE]
    The goal of this grow is simple. (GOOD MEDICATION FOR CHEAP) feedback and advice is greatly appreciated as I am new to this forum and growing in general.

[SIZE=13.5pt]THE SETUP[/SIZE]
    The closet is 32"wide 23"deep and 7'tall. I started. This grow by purchasing a decent amount of mid quality weed. I managed to come across 6 seeds in an 8 gram bag. I started them on their journey into life with the germination process then left for Wal-Mart.
    I bought
    -12 100watt 6500k cfl's
    -6 100watt 2700k cfl's
    -Car sunshades to use as reflectors
    -Timer
    -Solo cups
    -Miracle grow fertilizer (30-10-10)
    -Adapters for the lights
    -paracord
    -Weather stripping
    -Air fresheners
    -hanging hooks
    -thermostat and humidity gauge
    The closet was constructed the same way u would expect any small closet to be built. I made one large hanging set of lights for now but more will be added as needed. Keep in mind this is just the beginning and many more improvements are to come. After three days the germinated seeds were moved into solo cups of seedling mix dirt purchased at local hardware store. Two days later presto all five rose above the surface with ease. The 18/6 light began. After 1 week the plants were fed their miracle grow for the first time and they loved it. It is currently day ten and they are doing awesome. The room stays about 85F and 35% humidity with door closed and there is no light leakage because of weather stripping. all in all everything is going great.

2. The very beginning of the set up and the plants at day 2 above soil.

Attached Files:

3. The plants at day 2 above soil. Only water at this point

Attached Files:

4. #4 qbx101, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    Day 6 from seed still only water

Attached Files:

5. Day 10 they were fed fertilizer for the first time 2 days ago. THEY LOVED IT

Attached Files:

6. #6 qbx101, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
    Day 10 was today FYI 11/5/13

7. Day 17 all is looking well I think we have one obvious male but not sure on the others they have been fed liquid fertilizer alternating between watering.

Attached Files:

8. Wow that's awesome! I'm also doing a closet grow similiar size to yours, what Are you doing about smell and ventilation?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Well honestly not much ventilation just opening the door regularly and have a small fan circulating air inside. And the smell is handled by those orange air fresheners u can see. They work wanders for small grow ops

10. Where'd you get them? This looks like such a good grow! What kind of soil did you use?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Looks real efficient! I might follow up for my first grow using this tutorial

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. U can pick them up at Walmart its something like 3 for a dollar

13. Ya man for a first grow I think its going awesome I highly recommend practising on some cheep shit first and save your mom eye for after u get some experience.

14. Money not mom eye lol

15. Subbed I'm gonna follow this looks interesting :)

16. Any update to how this is going? I'm curious!

17. Hey guys its been a while ran into some trouble with living situation had to ditch the grow. But I'm back and already have a grow started this time we have a death star a jack heerer and a beledona. Excuse my spelling lol anyways these plants are several weeks into veg. I will pit up some pictures from a week ago then will put current ones up tomara

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Little one is the. Beledona we started it very late slight fertilizer burn but they have fully recovered by now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

19. This is the current pictures loving these guys :)

Attached Files:

20. Sorry for lack of updates... Ive been very busy with work and what not... Have had a few. PH. Issuies here and their and some nasty light burn on a few colas from befoee I moved the light up when they stretched Snapchat-1272331295.jpg Snapchat-1269723747.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app