Loving this Amnesia OG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by glueberry_crunch, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Thanks for sharing

spiral out, keep going

2. thanks

spiral out, keep going

3. Woooeeee, I just got a new ballast and eye horti 600w bulb. That's a big jump from a 400w. I'm seeing dark splotches - first time I felt like I need protective eye gear to just look in the tent.

There is 150,000 lux on the highest, middle cola. That's a lot of light. I may need to rig my hood to get a little higher in the tent.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  4. I must be measuring my lux wrong. How do you measure it? I also have 600 hps

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have a meter. I just take readings at the top of the canopy in different spots. Most places are around 70-80k lux. Right in the middle, it was really bright. I backed off the light to get it just over 100k. I'm running out of vertical.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have a cheese from seedsman and it is super resiliant, i just keep cloning her and she keeps going, i’ve pushed her up to 1400 ppm’s in hempy and she isnt even showing nute defiencies, it also was a freebie

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. How many inches is your canopy to the light?

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I think it's 10 or 11 inches between the glass of the hood and the closest cola.

I had it about 8 inches, but the intensity measured too much, and I started getting a bit of bleaching on just a few leaves. That's when it was measuring 150k lux which is just way too much, so I backed it off to where it is now.

I just hate that, even with such a flat canopy, there is so much variation in light intensity since it's a single hps bulb (vs LED, which would give a more even distribution).

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sooo, I went away on travel for about a week and came home to this thing still stretching, and it stretched right into the light, so I am once again running out of head room.

Also, sugar leaves are curling, which I haven't seen before, including on colas that are not near the light.

Leaf color and fan leaves all look very healthy. Any thoughts on the curling sugars?

MVIMG_20200802_114755.jpg MVIMG_20200802_114903.jpg MVIMG_20200802_114913.jpg

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes if I get above 70 k I get bleach

11. Please tell me you didn't get burned

12. Oh the curling sugars? I really don't even notice a problem there but if you disagree back off a little light a little nutrients as well not for long but enough to make you not worry so much because friend you did too good to worry now and worry will cause you to mess up so ease up take a couple days of break with ease. Nothing will hurt in that amount of time and you will feel a lot better and safer

13. No burn, but the top of the cola getting the most light shows some effect: the buds there are developing a loose, stringy structure. All other colas look fine. I'm wondering if the stress caused irreparable damage and whether I should snip the top of that cola off (e.g. if buds there will be airy and more prone to popping bananas).

I took the light up to the very top and had to use zip ties to get it as high as possible (took out the carabiners and pulleys). It's a 6'5" high tent!

The only other thing is the sugars that are curling. I don't think it's a major problem. Maybe it's a result of vigorous growth, or the light stress, or a combination. Otherwise, looks super healthy.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  14. I had also to use ties because my tent is only 6 feet tall and I grew in a 5 gallon bucket this round. Worked great but never again. Got a 14 inch tall plant with 30 or more 10 inch buds. Killer and a lot for a 3x3 I'm proud but with a 7 gallon fabric pot I could have produce probably a QP more. I'm still happy though. It's very enjoyable that I have at least 30 buds 10 inches long weighing a quarter or more on a 14 inch tall plant. I never would have thought it was possible until now that I have done it. Scrog grow but next I'm thinking all mainline

• Like Like x 1
  15. This thing is 54 inches tall

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  16. I made a little "hat" out of foil and put it in the one cola in question to give it a little time out of the light to recover and feel happier.

spiral out, keep going

17. I used to be a big fan of mainlining. When I started scrogging, I stopped mainlining though.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  18. Damn

19. I hope your wrong for my sake lol because I have high hopes for mainline but at least I do already know how to scrog. Is it that much better?

20. I think it is really just preference. I just found it easier to scrog.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1