Lovely OG Kush - Need some advice on my grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hello

I have my first grow going in a tent. 11, 2 month old good looking OG Kush girlsare prospering under 650 HPS light. Iuse General Organic line of nutes and they are vegging in 3 gallon pots.

I topped them early on and mostly have 4 main colas on eachof them. About 2 weeks ago I didsomewhat of a pruning (just cut odd leaves and branches that will never have achance to make anything at the bottom). 5days ago I super cropped 10 of them and LST one. They all recovering very well. Cropped tips are all stretching towards thelight. In about a week, after they healfrom HST I did, I am considering doing a full pruning with bamboo sticks to helpmy colas to support the prospective bud(s).

Now to the question… I want to do everything possible (butsmart and gentle) to prevent the upward grow and have maximum yield that OGKush can produce (about 1.5 oz. to 2 oz. each).

Considering everything I have done and my future plans ofdoings, is there any other technique or food addition that I can introduce toassure that my plants is at maximum production. Or maybe you see something inmy plans or actions that I already did that my plants will not appreciate.

Please let me know. Iam grateful for your input.

Regards,

Russ

2. are you going to flower all 11 under 650w (weird wattage)?

3. No. I may bump it up to a whole 1000

4. ok, just checking, that's better

most indicas are more a fan of LST than supercropping, I hardly do any topping anymore. Don't like the stall in growth, I prefer just to LST around the outline of the pot.

5. I find topping to be one of the unique things that basically gives you more bud at the end (purley my opinion). Regardless of what you grow.

6. not my experience of the 9 bagseed plants I just finished (all the same strain)

got more from just LST, topping took longer and didn't make up for the extra time

7. Just curious persentage wise how much more do you normally get after LST versus not doing aything?

8. From these plants it looks like 25-50% more, with a ~2 month veg in my case

plants I left alone (1 gal) gave me an oz, plants with lst got 1.25-1.5

9. Im pretty sure og kush is sativa dominant

10. I thought kush strains were indica? I can't keep up with all the crosses tho, so it very well may be... just made the assumption there.

sativa-strong strains really benefit from supercropping in my experience. Smashing the upper growth forces the plant to thicken up the bottom, and it keeps the insane upwards growth contained

11. Deffenatly worth experimenting with :)