Love my significant other but Im falling for my bf

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by E_Angel, Feb 12, 2014.

How to handle it? Has he explained why he hasn't left you yet?

2. But you did imply men were the primary group that does it.

Women can be just as shady as men, I dont think theres that much of a disparity between the transgressions of the two.

A man can cheat, and be outraged that no one trusts them. So can a woman

While it is undeniably true that men are encouraged to do it, and women are put down to do it, that doesnt equal more likelihood of it.

I know just as many men whose hearts were ripped out by women, as women whose hearts were ripped out by men.

Scum is not gender exclusive

3. he wants to try to work things out. He says that we are meant to be together and he doesnt want our family broken apart. That he can forgive me and that after some time and counseling we can get it back. 

4. You guys are really misunderstanding me. And thinking I dont already agree with everything you are saying. I know all this. I am not justifying lying to your significant other and doing stuff behind their back.

Geez.

correct. It's just amusing when a guy says a girl is a whore or a slut then the rest of the male population agree. yet when a female says something that's obviously true then it's like zomg no daz sexist, womenz do that too. women are shady, men are shady, yo mom's shady. I don't care either way homes. 

6. Well fuck them theres a reason I try not to associate with the knuckledraggers generally classified as men :p

If that's the case, and you are still considering the other guy, then please just leave him, he's willing to give you a second chance, after you betrayed his trust, and is trying to do the right thing for his family, you meanwhile are counting future paychecks, and considering leaving him, putting your child through a divorce etc. 

8. No they not. It's different when you're in a committed relationship, I wouldn't condone that shit if a guy wasn't single

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I highly doubt someone who just fucks and leaves and develops that habit would change when he/she gets in a committed relationship. of course I could be wrong. but that's my opinion.

10. #90 rain dancer, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Dude theres no double standard unless your a chauvinistic retard.

Anyone who tears their family apart for an insecure piece of ass is shitty.

A guy who does it is not a player. That shit ends when you grow the fuck up. Men dont fuck around, dogs, sheeps, goats, and other uncivilized creatures with no ability to logically analyze information fuck around.

A slut is a slut is a slut, regardless of sexual orientation.

As a person whos been on both sides of the fence, both carrying the guilt and having my heart ripped outta my fuckin chest i get to have an opinion.

Like you say all the time, those who end up in this situation are boys/girls not men/women.

You dont love someone unless youre willing to put them before you.

12. It happened to me lol :p

13. If Op's original post was a dude asking the same question...I wouldn't condone that shit at all.  IF you're single then yes I'm sure all of us would say threesome haha.  Committed relationships are different..especially if it's been 8+ yrs.

14. Well I didn't fuck around with any girl during my last relationship, but hey I'm just a stranger on GC so I guess it doesn't matter.

15. you must not have seen my other post in this thread. don't worry tho i won't try to make YOU feel stupid. i completely agree with you, you should be honest and respectful to your partner. cheating is never ok. but if op had been a dude this thread would have turned out waaaay differently..

16. and i don't see how me pointing that out puts me on the same level as a woman who cheated on her husband with his bestfriend.. but ok dude.

17. Im not counting future paychecks. someone on here said ill be fucked with no alimony and thats where i said I will get spousal support. If i was money hungry I would just stay in this relationship and let him buy me. I dont want that. I want to be on my own, even if that means i need to struggle to make ends meet, and its also not as easy as just leave him. I cant.
    I literally have no where to go. I moved away from my family to be with him. The closest relative is 12 hrs away. I cant go there because of custody laws in NYS. I have to stay in the county. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 3 years and I havent worked since 2011. I cant leave yet. I need to get alot of shit in place before I do leave. But im not stringing him along. He knows where i stand, he wants to make things work and is going to help me get on my own two feet, hoping that when I am out on my own I realize I do want to be with him and come back. 

Im honestly not even sure at this point who i want, what i want to do. Im in a place where i think i need to find out what I really want without either one of the guys being in the equation. I will most likely lose both of them in the process.

18. #98 impactfour, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014

I think that's the wisest thing you can do, I'm sorry to come off so harsh, I just hate to see people get their hearts ripped out by cheating and relationship problems. I really do think the best thing you can do for everyone is take some time away from each other. And I know this isn't what you want to hear, but leave your child with your husband while you figure things out, if you to do separate, the child will spend time with him, and you will be completely alone, away from your family, which is  only missing you, once you realize how much you missed him, you'll realize how much you really fucked up, you have no idea how bad things are yet. Once you feel bad about the situation, and have truly hit rock-bottom, you will be able to truly and honestly apologize to your husband, not just for betraying his trust, but for suggesting you are better off without him. And hey, maybe you'll surprise everyone, and you'll all be happier with the new situation (except your child, unless there is domestic violence or abuse), and your husband will thank you then. Either way, the best way to figure out who you should be with, is to see who you miss when you are truly alone in this world.

Edit: I forgot to say, the ladder part is true too, just remember, if you treat your husband poorly, or vice versa, your child will someday understand what happened. These types of things don't go undiscovered, especially with divorces.

19. thats what I want to do, minus the not seeing my kid part. We are going to split the week and alternate weekends. But i think i need to get out on my own, for the first time in my life, and see what it is i really want. We started dating at 17, we got married at 19, and i literally moved out of my parents house into our home. I never experienced being my own person, and I need to do that. I want to know I am with my husband because I WANT to be, and not because its easier to be. I want to see who I am without him, and if I like myself more with him, or without him. Its just a fucked up situation and I didnt mean for it to happen. It did, I didnt stop it, and as awful as this sounds at the end of the day i dont regret it. The next few moves I make are going to shape my future, and I need to be very careful what I choose.

20. All u sorry shit trying too justify your cheating ways by saying every situation is different.tell me wtf is different about it? Can't keep your legs closed?not even that not being goof enough too let your LOVE go before stabbing him in the back..and you wonder why they call u bitch.its OK thought the person u cheated with will realize you are a cheat in whore and u will be passed around cause no one wants a back stabbing bitch..common sense.talk about no human instinct.the word bitch is fitting..man or woman I'm not just saying woman.