Love, and do what you will.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by A AnoesisOrange, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Raising your vibration is a neat trick. Tuning yours with others to help them bring themselves up by their own bootstraps is a real trick. Thank you for all you've done. You know who you are.

I am actually having a hard time expressing myself right now. It's kind of funny. I know what I'm going to do/say, but not now. Not here.

2. Get the Eden Beats app and a good set of stereo headphone if you want to get some "good vibrations"...I became a huge fan of binaural beats over the last year or so. that shit will tune you in, tune you up...and put you out. Crazy dreams, super lucid dreams. Concentration and focus.........and the Schumann Frequencies. Damn....I swear the earth talks to me some days! Put them shits in by the ocean watching waves and tune that shit and time slows down. Kid you not....Eden Beats on the Android market. Free. Not sure about IOS tho.

3. [quote name="fearjar" post="19422335" timestamp="1390924460"]Get the Eden Beats app and a good set of stereo headphone if you want to get some "good vibrations"...I became a huge fan of binaural beats over the last year or so. that shit will tune you in, tune you up...and put you out. Crazy dreams, super lucid dreams. Concentration and focus.........and the Schumann Frequencies. Damn....I swear the earth talks to me some days! Put them shits in by the ocean watching waves and tune that shit and time slows down. Kid you not....Eden Beats on the Android market. Free. Not sure about IOS tho.[/quote]Any specific headphone requirements? Best thing I got right now are the $60 turtle beaches Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. They'll work. It just has to be true stereo...basically different frequencies go in each ear and your brain divides the difference Listen in one ear and it is a single note....listen in both and it becomes a pulse. Shit is awesome. It'll make you zone out sober....some good weed...Brother you will feel like you are on a flight to the moon. Most calming shit I have ever seen. There are a lot of sites that have some frequencies
    But hers a couple of mine:

For a sativa..Base 936.0 Beat 4.0
    For an Indica Base 170.0 Beat 4.5

5. lol I've been loafting on getting a good set of headphones. I used binaurals on some shitty ones and it seemed to zone me out, no particularly interesting experiences though.

6. [quote name="fearjar" post="19422606" timestamp="1390928637"]They'll work. It just has to be true stereo...basically different frequencies go in each ear and your brain divides the difference Listen in one ear and it is a single note....listen in both and it becomes a pulse. Shit is awesome. It'll make you zone out sober....some good weed...Brother you will feel like you are on a flight to the moon. Most calming shit I have ever seen. There are a lot of sites that have some frequenciesBut hers a couple of mine:For a sativa..Base 936.0 Beat 4.0For an Indica Base 170.0 Beat 4.5[/quote]Thanks man I'm definitely gonna check it out Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

I had a frequency that was supposed to be pineal gland sensitive or something on one night....and I had some liquor and weed in me...I listened to this thing for maybe 30 minutes and felt my BODY fall asleep..and then I opened my eyes and it was black...I was looking around and felt like i was floating and I started struggling to sit up...imagine floating in a pool and trying to sit up...that's what I was doing. Then my body woke up and I just sat up...body hadn't moved a muscle. Frigging weird and cool.

8. this concept could never work in real life

9. dont use regular headphones, you want noise cancelling in-ear headphones. you know the beats working when you feel the pulse after you take your headphones off after 15 minutes +Sent from my iPhone.

10. #30 Young Dro User, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    <sup>can we get back on the love topic?</sup>
    <sup>ive been getting caught up in my ego lately and feeling upset</sup>

11. #31 A AnoesisOrange, Feb 4, 2014
    Kind of a funny thing, the ego. You get caught up in the ego and it's your ego that gets you upset about it. You see the circle here?

I got mad/upset twice over the past few weeks. Each time I got mad I redacted my feelings and felt upset for doing so (both getting mad and redacting my feelings). Feeling upset made me mad. I felt guilty for feeling what I felt and reacting to those feelings. It's a childish thing to do.

But, you forgive yourself and keep going. You don't hide. Instead, look it in the face. Listen to that moment and carry on, don't look back.

Perhaps the only thing that's real is the experience, the feeling. But it's just a feeling. You don't have to hold on to it.

Love? Just a feeling? Sure. But you don't have to hold on to it to feel it, to give it, to receive it. In fact, perhaps you have to let it go in order to experience it in as real a way as possible.

12. #32 Thejourney318, Feb 4, 2014
    I can't help but be reminded, by the thread title, of Aleister Crowley's descriptions of 'The law' in his spiritual system.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
    "Love is the law; love under will."

13. I do see the cycle. I've been the same way recently. My grandma enlightened me about forgiveness and how it doesn't only benefit others but it can also benefit you. Forgiving another for acting a certain way and forgiving yourself for becoming upset. I'm going to practice this more.

"You don't hide. Instead, look it in the face. Listen to that moment and carry on, don't look back."
    thank you for that

can we analyze these quotes a bit further?

15. Well. Will is a very important concept in Crowley's system. He says the whole aim of life is find your true will, and do it. Another quote is that 'Every man and every women is a star,' which is another important concept. He says that all disharmony results from individuals not doing their true will. Like the stars of space, every person has their own 'orbit,' which is their true will. Just as the stars in the sky, these naturally arrange themselves in harmony with one another. All disharmony is from not following the true will, which causes our 'orbits' to become erratic, thus conflict.

So, 'do what thou wilt' is not exactly just saying do whatever you want. It's more like seeing past our false wants and ideals, and finding what our true will is. And then, doing that. As for 'love is the law.' I would say by love, a couple of things are implied. First of all, our interconnectedness. We are all actually 'one' in a way, although individuated. We arise from the same source, and are ultimately differentiations OF that source. So that is love. Also, following our true will brings joy and pleasure. That is love. Also we are in natural harmony with others when we follow our true will, and that is love. Yet 'love under will,' because love is perfected only when we are following our true wills.

This all sounds really good, but I never really got into reading Crowley as he seemed really confusing. Maybe I just started with the wrong material. Do you know a good place to start when getting into Crowley?

17. #37 Thejourney318, Feb 4, 2014
    Well, Crowley is illusive in that way. Can be difficult to understand what he is getting at. It's tough to say where to start with Crowley, at least for me. One major component of his system is his understanding and use of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. He uses it as a foundation which has 32, or 34, 'essences' which are supposed to be the elements which underlie the universe. This can be found in 'liber 777.' The Tree of Life is considered to be identical with the Tarot, which he designed his own deck, the 'thoth deck,' which has some changes from the traditional tarot. His tarot goes along with a book, 'the book of thoth,' which is perhaps actually the best place to start for a general understanding of Crowley.

The scripture for his religion, which he claims to have been revealed to him, is 'The Book of the Law,' which I have been quoting. All of these books I have referenced can be found online. As for the book of the law, you are definitely going to want to read the versions with commentary if you decide to read it. I certainly don't claim to have a full understanding of Crowley. For me, it has become a sort of long-term addiction which remains in the back of my mind. When I began to understand the meaning and purpose of the general system outlined in liber 777, the 32/34 'ideas' of the Universe, it became that kind of addiction. Something I have never fully understood, at times questioned whether there really was this great truth underlying it, yet being unable to stop contemplating and studying it.

This is the Tree of Life, 10 sefiroth/emenations with 22 paths connecting them, represented by the 22 letters of the hebrew alphabet and the 22 major trumps of the Tarot

[​IMG]

Book of Thoth
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/crowley/libro_thoth.htm

Liber 777
    http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/liber777.pdf

Book of The Law
    http://hermetic.com/legis/

Thanks bro, this is very interesting. I was always really interested in Crowley, but I was always busy with other things, mostly Eastern philosophy and tradition.

Bro. This is incredibly profound. I actually researched into Kabbala before, and it truly is powerful. We create labels as a means to understand the world, but they are illusory. Yet without them we wouldn't be able to come to an understanding. The Kabbala like a surgeons knife dissecting the secrets of the universe. Crowley made it far, I almost feel like Crowley is someone close to me in a way...

20. Yea, Kabbalah is great. I know you're into Eastern Philosophy, which was and really is my main philosophic/spiritual views, if anything. Yet when I study Kabbalah, to me it seems to fit right into those Eastern truths. It's like the same truth presented in a different way. Kabbalah presents what I think are the same essential truths in a sort of life-affirming way. Like the East presents that ultimate in a beyond-good-or-bad kind of way, whereas the Kabbalah interprets it in an absolute positive way, where everything is the ultimate and should be taken in. I'm not saying the difference exactly, just trying to point at it.

And Crowley has this strange pull on me. I don't know what it is, but his system is just something I can't get out of my mind. It's like once you study to the point of kind of understanding that whole table system from liber 777 and its relationship to the tree of life and the tarot, it really does imprint on your mind. You can't help but refer things and experiences in your life to one of the elements.