Love, and do what you will.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by A AnoesisOrange, Jan 23, 2014.

1. It's easy to get carried away from thoughts. Thoughts that lead to ambivalence. Quiet those thoughts.

“Love, and do what you will. If you keep silence, do it out of love. If you cry out, do it out of love." - St. Augustine.

2. love is important. love the people around you and hopefully the people around you love you back.

3. Im often forgetting to love lately. Help me?Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. Alright nigggaI sees youSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. Most people forget how to love...

6. Im seeking lightSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 pickledpie, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014

Seek within yourself and within others. When you find the same light in all places, you can't help but live in love.

8. Thanks for the vague, unsatisfying advice

9. [quote name="Young Dro User" post="19419015" timestamp="1390873933"]Thanks for the vague, unsatisfying advice[/quoteunsatisfying because you dont understand what hes trying to say. shows how closed minded you areSent from my iPhone.

10. He's not being "closed minded", Pickledpie gave meaningless advice, just a bunch of silly mystical jargon. What 'light' is he talking about? IS it something to be grasped intellectually? Emotionally? Or is it something suprarational? How do you find it? How do you know when you find it? Pickledpie never gave any practical advice. Just some nice-sounding mumbo jumbo strung together.

11. Do something kind for someone who you you dislike! To love thine enemy is to love thyself! Doesn't have to be a specific person, maybe you harbor a prejudice, maybe you can overcome that burden.

12. #12 homestarstoner, Jan 28, 2014
    [quote name="White Indian" post="19420267" timestamp="1390885062"]He's not being "closed minded", Pickledpie gave meaningless advice, just a bunch of silly mystical jargon. What 'light' is he talking about? IS it something to be grasped intellectually? Emotionally? Or is it something suprarational? How do you find it? How do you know when you find it? Pickledpie never gave any practical advice. Just some nice-sounding mumbo jumbo strung together.[/quote]im gunna be straight up and tell you that nothing spiritual is meaningful to christianity. christianity is a religion based off of hiding the spiritual path, in order to structure a society of control and power over the people. if you were open to anything beyond your beliefs, youd know what the "light" is regardless of your religion. ill put it into terms even materialistic bible pushers can understand. the "light" is where you came from before birth. it is the window to higher consciousness. before you had a brain and ego to ground you to the physical reality we call life, you came from this light. the light is pure consciousness. behind all that exists and will ever exist is one single consciousness. we are all one mind sharing different brains, percieving different realities through electrical impulses. this one giant consciousness is how we create our own reality, which is our universe. we are god. we are the creators. how do we know this is true? theres no such thing as physical matter. its all energy. and every atom in this universe shares one thing. consciousness. Sent from my iPhone.

13. #13 homestarstoner, Jan 28, 2014
    heres a secret. if you act out of love, you become more in tune with the vibrations of the universe, and you get into your own "flow" act out of guilt and hate, and youll be judgemental, depressed and out of tune with yourself.just like tuning into a damn radio station frequency, you tune your consciousness into higher frequencies. higher frequencies = more in tune with pure consciousness = love

14. #14 White Indian, Jan 28, 2014
    I don't see what my religion has to do with this. And I find it arrogant that you'd bring it up as some childish personal attack against me. But to stay on point, I wasn't actually asking what the "light" pickledpie was referring to; I was saying pickledpie's post wasn't useful. Dro User wasn't being closed minded when he said his post was vague. It was--in fact--vague. No way around it.

15. [quote name="White Indian" post="19420497" timestamp="1390887559"]I don't see what my religion has to do with this. And I find it arrogant that you'd bring it up as some childish personal attack against me. But to stay on point, I wasn't actually asking what the "light" pickledpie was referring to; I was saying pickledpie's post wasn't useful. Dro User wasn't being closed minded when he said his post was vague. It was--in fact--vague. No way around it.[/quote]true enough, it was vague. Sent from my iPhone.

Very true bro.

You could ask. The point is that this has particular meaning to some, and a lack thereof for others. It all depends on their understand of the concepts I expound. Concepts that aren't limited to my own fanciful creations, but ones widespread through countless traditions. It sounds nice because it's not mumbo jumbo (w.e that means...). If it was mumbo jumbo, nobody would have any idea about what I said, people do.

Conceptualize it however you like, you see the context and you see what's written. Make sense of it or don't.

18. #18 Young Dro User, Jan 28, 2014
    Peace love and lightWheres the positive vibrations sticky?

19. What do you mean when you say 'light?' Honestly asking, not partaking in any 'attack.'

20. The light stands for the nature of illumination, that which removes darkness or ignorance and is itself a symbol for understanding. Both the darkness is limitless and the light, but without both, our existence could not have been conceived.

I hope that illumined it a bit for you;)