Lov4led's grow update day 55!!(Day 31 Flowering)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lov4led, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Update: Day 55 (Day 31 flowering) just a quick update,they're really starting to get some orange hairs and some major crystals showing tell me what you guys think....and to all you HPS mongers that tell everyone led's suck and you cant grow anything with a Chinese 100 dollar LED well.... SHUCK ON THIS.....​
    :wave::smoke:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [quote name='"lov4led"']Update: Day 55 (Day 31 flowering) just a quick update,they're really starting to get some orange hairs and some major crystals showing tell me what you guys think....and to all you HPS mongers that tell everyone led's suck and you cant grow anything with a Chinese 100 dollar LED well.... SHUCK ON THIS..... :wave::smoke:

[/quote]

Preach ^^^^^^

3. Nicely done man, nicely done. What strain is that by the way? It looks beautiful!

4. 2 purple urkles in the front and the back left is burmese kush(i think cuz i got that and the og kush#18 X skunk mixed up)and last one(back right) is OG kush #18 x Skunk i had to look at like 100 pics of each strain to figure out when i got the clones cuz my buddy said o uh i forgot but the ones with purple stems are deff purple urkles....i was like well ya i can see that but wtf do i do about the burmese kush and og18 x skunk.....SO i ifgured it out myself(i think)

the OG smells real skunky with a sweet funk to it

burmese has a kinda resiny spiciness to it

and the purple urkles...OOO the purple urkles smell amazing like a faint hint of grape & candy OVERWHELMED by a sweet skunky aroma (not like a real skunk smell but the new age skunk)

5. #6 xDisciplex, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    I wouldnt put your grow down ever.Lookin good,but your LED buds are 1/2-1/3 the size of my HPS buds at 31 days flower.

People dont say they cant grow a plant.They say the budding sucks which is obvious to me everytime I see an LED grow.The ones I have seen that look decent are challanged by people sayn yea but the bud is not dense at all.

I want more then anything for LED's to be awesome,but I just dont see it yet.Especially with the price.It's gotta go down.

GL

6. thanks and J.W. how many watts is ur lights are and what else do you have to run with them (fans,a/c,and humidifier )

7. You got me there I now run a 1000w Ushio super HPS.A full spectrum HPS.I do use ac in summer,and have a dehumidifier.$40 on ebay for that cheap investment to help insure no moldy bud.unfortunately it adds heat as well when on.

However my first 6-7 grows were with a 400w MH veg HPS flower.With great result's.Still pulled up to 2 oz a plant.

Honestly it realy in the end doesnt matter 100% on wattage/light.I'm sure you've seen they CFL guy that gets 1/2 lb with 3 plants and 6-8 CFL's in 69 days.

I guess I'm more speaking in general then your actuall buds.I was researching the new 2013 Blackstar chrome series on ebay,and at first glance it says 18" from canaopy covers 4x4 area.Perfect for my space.Then when you read down way further it says its best suited for a 2x3' area.Thats rediculous for an $1,100 light.I refuse to spend 2k on a light setup period.Especially with airy bud rumors,and shit.

Anyway rambling now.GL with your grow.I hope it rocks.

8. #9 lov4led, Jul 31, 2012
    thats why i didnt go drop a bunch of money intoi a led because not alot of ppl wanna spend that kind of money just to see if they even work so i figured i'd show some ppl wht you can do with some 13w cfls and a 90w led(107$ from ebay) next grow ill deff get another DS-100(my best buds got mine and the warranty ends in like 13 months so i hope he breaks it LOL..he uses it for his veg room and he's got some crazy led's for his flower room and you dont even wanna know how much they cost but he gives me about 1-2 oz every harvest and he only grow blue dream & super lemon haze and ooh are they great :D ) so hopefully next grow ill be using my current set up with a divider in the middle and doing my 90w ufo(with a couple cfl's) VS the DS-100 and probably all of them are gunna be purple urkles because hydro is the only real way you can compare(using one res and the same flood table) with same strains nutes medium, and temps/humidity

EDIT" and also i wanna make a 12/12 cfl dresser

9. Yea man I'm looking at these Diamond series you linked.They are looking badass.You definatly got me stearing this way if I pick up some LED's.I'd like to get the 300 or 400 I think.May7be 2 200's I dono Hah.

10. #11 lov4led, Jul 31, 2012
    i would deff go with the 2 DS-200 because you can cover alot more space and get better results than a 400 or even 500...1 led just isnt big enough to work with a small room or even a big closet

11. how many watts of cfls are you using ontop of the 100$ chinese LED?

12. 6 13w and i just added 2 20w all 2700k so approx. 120 watts of cfl .....which is kinda crazy cuz the led is still like 10x brighter than all of them