Louisiana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by smokerider13, May 24, 2014.

1. This is an excerpt from the MPP email I received yesterday. It is awaiting Gov. Jindal's signature. It will take away the automatic revocation of parole if caught with misdemeanor possession:

"HB 681 would make positive, albeit modest, reforms to the way Louisiana treats a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge for someone who is on parole. Currently, acquiring a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge while on parole automatically results in parole revocation. If signed by Gov. Jindal, this legislation will give judges discretion to penalize parolees charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession with administrative sanctions instead of outright revocation."

It's a small step but one in a positive direction!

2. I heard about this. Good to know my home state is making some good decisions  :bongin:

3. Dude - that's a far stretch to call that a step.  More like someone lifting their shoe to see if they stepped in poop.  Some discretion, eh?  When it comes to weed and law, the word "discretion"  is not good to see. 

4. no if passed the judge will have another chance to receive a payoff.The little part about the judges discretion to revoke or not to revoke.I'm originally from shreveport so I know exactly how this will play out.

5. Shreveport - is that right next to bumfuck?