Louisiana coroner says woman died of THC overdose

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by bspot123, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Louisiana coroner says woman died of THC overdose

A Louisiana woman who died in February was killed from THC overdose, according to a coroner who said he reached the conclusion this month from a toxicology report.

The coroner's claim would make it the first-ever recorded death from a marijuana overdose, but the result is also drawing fire from skeptics. The 39-year-old woman's body was found in her apartment in LaPlace. Her name has not been released. St. John the Baptist Parish Coroner Christy Montegut told the New Orleans Advocate that the toxicology results showed that the woman was killed by an excess amount of THC.
    “It looked like it was all THC because her autopsy showed no physical disease or afflictions that were the cause of death. There was nothing else identified in the toxicology — no other drugs, no alcohol,” Montegut told the paper. “There was nothing else.”

What do you guys think? I mean its pretty laughable but this is a coroner...

• Like Like x 1
  2. that is straight up BS

• Like Like x 3
  3. What a fucking moron. She needs to find a new profession.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The woman’s boyfriend told investigators she used a marijuana vaping pen, and had been to the ER three weeks before she died because of a chest infection and said doctors sent her home with over-the-counter medication.

“I’m thinking this lady must have vaped this THC oil and got a high level in her system and (it) made her stop breathing, like a respiratory failure,” he continued.

Doctors and medical experts immediately disagreed with Montegut’s finding, with one calling it “incredibly unlikely.”

This guy should NOT be a states coroner. It sounds like he's saying 'since i couldn't find anything else, it must have been the pot'. What the hell? At least high ranking skeptics have come out in disagreement.

“THC is becoming so powerful these days that we are kind of playing with fire a little bit, and there may be more and more and more people that start to have some kind of an adverse reaction,” he said.

LOL- this guy is a joke.

Dr. Noah Kaufman, an ER doctor in Colorado, told CBS affiliate WWL he was skeptical after reviewing the woman’s autopsy but added he has seen more pot-related illnesses in the emergency room.

5. whoever this moron is needs a slap in face by a MHM fan leaf shit imo id find it impossible even if you wanted to lol i must admit though what a great way to go :D

6. In Washington the legal limit for driving is 5.0 nanograms, this person had 8.4 nanograms, not even twice the legal limit. A couple of years ago they caught a driver with 270 ng/ml, 54 times the legal limit. This coroner should be laughed out of town.

• Like Like x 1
  7. total BS - like chocolate - you would need more than your body weight to kill you . she died of natural causes and they are trying to make a president for regulating cannabis

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. And it's making them look like fools. The fact they don't realize it means they truly are fools.

9. Wonder how many sheep in that state believe that bullshit and will vote against it come election time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. People like this are the reason it’s so hard to turn the opinion of weed around. Guy should be fired hopefully this gets shut down as just completely and utter stupidity before some idiot tries to get other idiots rallied behind it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I'm hoping the family is going to demand further investigation / evaluation????

• Like Like x 3
  12. I wonder if this coroner did the autopsy or is interpreting it. Here locally they don’t have to be an MD to be elected coroner.
    As with all of these “increased ER visits” over weed stories, it seems they never relate how serious it is. Do these visits even result in admission?

• Like Like x 1
  13. This stuff bugs me. You can't die from smoking. There's nothing to die from, unless you do something stupid and get hurt that way. If she had a chest infection, maybe if she smoked something bad in that pen? Stuff like this makes it harder to get things legalized I think.

I was just curious on the states legalization process and I just read one site, but it seems like it's in the process of legalizing medical MJ. "the governor recently signed into law their first medical marijuana bill." The first in the south, it says. But I don't know when this was posted either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I didn’t even know they were looking at med weed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol this made me laugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 620488AF-BE22-4C53-9B2C-D31609D10AEE.jpeg
    Haha haha

Where’s Quincy when you need him?!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I loved that show.

• Like Like x 1
  18. @Cactus Ed
    Me too. After I made the post I thought I may be dating my self.

• Like Like x 1
  19. You did date yourself. I'll be 70 in a couple of months.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Well alright, I’m 53...nice to meet my tribe :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 2