Lotus brand nutes

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by TheCatDaddy, May 10, 2021.

1. So my buddy brought over coco plants and ive never grown them before. Well all I did was mix the lotus nutes in a 5gal container and water them, plus train them and shit but no ph or anything and they turned out great. Just curious if coco is generally this simple?

Im doing living soil and Was thinking about throwig in a couple coco just to do a comparison.

2. Chances are you were just lucky with the pH of your tap water and the pH after mixing the nutrients. Especially with coco, since it has no buffering capability, whatever pH you put in, comes out whatever pH you put in.
    Other thing could be the lotus nutes are pH perfect

coco is probably the harder one when it comes to growing without pH adjusting because a medium like pro mix (which is mostly peat moss) has added pH neutralizing agents so it buffers the soils pH over time

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for letting me know as I wasnt sure what to think. I was actually thinking aboutrunning a couple coco plants alogside my notill and use the same everything. What type of grow do you do?

4. I am in coco/peat moss (pro mix hp) but I have to treat it like im growing in straight coco. My pH doesn’t get buffered near as much as only pro mix. I have to water way more often as well

There is only 1/3 coco in my medium but still requires treatment like it im growing in straight coco