Lots of Bud. Not so much space.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Corn Man, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Recently downgraded to a cabinet grow, mainly to save on operating costs and lower risk, but also for a new sort of challenge as well. I have a few ideas in mind and plan to put into place, I like "Low Scrogging" Which is basically putting the scrog super low and allowing for almost all horizontal growth. The real challenge is head to tow in this grow area I have about 2 feet. This will truly be a challenge. I am almost certain I will have to snap a lot of fan leaves to allow for maximum bud growth. I didn't know if anyone else had any fun techniques for keep keeping the plant short and fat. Actual grow space is aprox. 24" height x 24 " Width x 12" Depth. 

2. 12/12 from seed is more fun. Unless you're working with clones just fill up your space with 6 x 7.6 oz trays or solo cups and reap those harvests in 9-11 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You should try autoflowers, they'll stay nice and low for you and still fill up with fat buds. My auto lemon skunk is a few weeks from harvest and she's fat as hell and under 24" for sure, taking up all the horizontal space without stretching that much.

Certain auto strains advertise final heights as low as 40-50cm with a good oz yield in 70 days from planting. Just gotta find the one that's right for you.

4. I actually changed up things a little bit allowing me more space. I was originally gonna grow in a cabinet, veg in top, flowering in bottom. Now I am just doing two cabinets, one for veg, and one for flowering and basically cutting a hole in the middle and having the pot sit in the bottom half and basically growing into the top half so the top half of the cabinet will just be lights and bud.