Lost one of my kitties today...

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Kushmedic, Feb 15, 2016.

1. My beautiful little Maine Coon named Liza of 12 years died very early this morning from a sudden, rapid deterioration. I have other kitties but one in particular is also feeling hardest because that was his best buddy in the whole world. They were inseparable. All throughout the day, it's been quiet around here. Surrealistic. I haven't broken down and cried yet...I have cried just a bit here and there. On top of that, it's been gray and cloudy out all day. I smoked some earlier to take the edge off my angst and anxiety. I feel mellowed out...still sad but that's ok. Part of me is really craving a pizza or something but the other part of me isn't interested eating at all. I finished off the tomato soup I made last night.

Thank God for the weed. The last time I went through this I was a basket case and I lost a shitload of weight because I was eating so little. It may happen again here-only time will tell-but thankfully I'm not a basket case this time around. The usual reaction for most people is they would try to move on right there and then. That steeps angst. I did a few things around the house but for the most part, I relaxed on the bed with the other kitties, napped off and on, read stuff on my iPad and DOPE magazine. My body is teaching my mind that it takes a bit of time to digest what just happened and to properly start the proper grieving process instead of trying to bypass it. Just a long, quiet, heavy day.[/quote]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my buddy and companion of 10 years about 3 months ago. Cats occupy such a wonderful space in our hearts that we grow to love them like our closest kin. Sending you good vibes. Smoke fat and stay positive!

3. I'm sorry for your loss as well. Thanks for the kind words. My biggest issue is my little guy is really depressed because his best buddy in the world is gone and he's trying to go to the others trying to find someone who will cuddle with him and groom him. I feel so bad for him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm sorry to hear that. My kitties are best friends when one dies I don't know what the other would do

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah my second cat is in the same position. I thought about getting a kitten but it seems way too early. Would feel like I'm trying to replace my old buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry to hear that man.
    My cats are still young. But I worry about when they get old alot.

7. Not a cat man but I am sorry for your loss. I like my dogs better than most people and I can see the pain of all pet owners. Remember the good times.