lost my phone...again

Discussion in 'General' started by secool, Jan 9, 2010.

1. So this is my second phone that I have lost in the last two months. I have Verizon but I can't get a new phone without renewing my contract, or I have to pay a redic amount of money for a simple phone. Anyone here on GC know where I can get a phone for cheap that Verizon can activate?

2. ebay, pawn shop, craigs list, or you might even have to resort to a prepaid type phone.

3. Retail price for any phone isn't pretty. The one I carry would cost me $469 before tax retail.
    I worked there for 2 yrs and would advise insurance on your next one purchased with a contract, it saves the headaches and money.
    If you use ebay make sure that you find out from the seller the ESN/MEID#. You can use this number to find out if the phone has been locked due to non-pay bill issues or if it's on the lost/stolen list. You can call it in to your local store or to customer service 1-800-922-0204. Hope this helps.........and try not to take out your frustration on the sales people;) they just tell it like it is. Peace

4. make sure you do this. i got fucked over trying to buy a phone on craiglist once because it was stolen and verizon wouldn't activate it.

5. Ebay now will actually" hold" your payment from going thru until the phone has been delivered and positive feedback is left. Although I still saw bad phones slip thru.

6. I would ask friends/relatives if any of them have any extra phones. I have many people close to me that just litterally have drawers full of old extra phones. Give it a shot man.

7. hmm if you lose more then 1 phone ever, stop smoking pot. its pretty hard to lose a phone imo

8. Man, I've lost my cell phone so many times.

I have verizon as well, and I had insurance on my phone which as about 5.00 a month I believe.

I lost my phone twice and used the insurance twice within probably an 8 month period. Apparently after using it twice I wasn't eligible for it anymore, but I lost my phone again.

I bought a shitty phone from some website that sells used phones. Mine was the cheapest I could find, it was like 50.00 after shipping and it was a piece of shit.

It worked for calls and texts though, so was better than paying some ridiculous price for a brand new phone.

Used Cell Phones at Cellular Country, #1 Source for cheap Unlocked Cell Phones!

I believe that was the website I bought it from.

It had a brand new battery, and the reason it was a piece of shit was because it was the lowest of the low you could get - performance wise it was perfect for the model itself....if that makes any sense, I''m fucking blaze.d

You can select the service carrier provider people, whatever it's called....so if you currently have verizon you can buy a phone that you can just switch over with a phone call to a machine person computer.

9. Man the phones with the mini keyboards are awesome that is what I got lol.

10. I actually believe what you are talking about is a QWERTY phone >_>.

11. Not to troll, but its threads like these that keep me out of general. Why is Google so hard to understand?

12. Wait..are you serious? Are you sure the technical term isn't "mini keyboard"?

I dunno...shit sounds legit to me.

13. Lol, maybe who knows. I was just using what simple folks taught me lol. I hope that kid doesn't run back and use the excuse "I was high". ._x

14. What would you guys do if you just found a dealer but didn't have a phone of your own? Use your parents and tell the dealer to never call you back on that phone?

15. Buy a $14 Tracphone.
    http://www.tracfone.com/