Lost in life

Discussion in 'General' started by HeartLndToker, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Tittle says it , just don't know what to do with my self , for this reason I have decided to join the military. I do have to get Into shape before I talk to a recruiter but once I've done that I'm going ,I figure four years in active duty will give me time and enough life experiences , that matter , to find me I guess. Only thing is I don't know what branch to join , so any military blades out there with recommendations ? I'm as mentally prepared as a I can get for battle that is as prepared as I can get living the daily grind , but I'd also like to have the opportunity to travel , so what's your say grass city ?

2. The military will help desensitize you, not find yourself. I have a buddy who was in the military.. he's changed. He's not as happy anymore. It's like he's been dulled. Not everyone's like that though. Just be wary of searching for yourself in the military.

3. If you're looking to travel and experience the world, you should also look at The Peace Corps. Just another idea. :) I'm sure you'll find a purpose out there no matter what you do!

4. Isn't the peace corp extremely hard to join ?

5. I see where your coming from and I appreciate the advice , I guess me joining the military is more a way to get away from the hum drum day to day life and experience more things in life , I may take the peace corp rout , well volunteering abroad that Is .

6. The army might be easy to join but it isn't exactly a walk in the park. The Peace Corps accepts something like 1 out of 4 applications. So yes, it is hard..But not nearly impossible, and definitely not worth skipping over just because you don't think you'll be accepted.
    Oh, and the army would most definitely be more rewarding in terms of money...Obviously. :p

Don't forget that there are always other opportunities outside of the army and The Peace Corps for going abroad and helping in one way or another!

7. hey OP im with you on this.

im in route to joining the navy. although i have my doubts of leaving my daughter and girlfriend behind for a decent amount of time, there really isnt any other option at this point for me. all i did was smoke bud and go to my shitty job 5 days a week, and now theyre cutting hours. i also find that this could be a life changing decision, good or bad, but some type of action has to be done.

to choose your branch, although i dont know every fact about the military:

navy or airforce you are less likely to see combat, BUT, this depends on your job.
    DO LOTS OF RESEARCH BEFORE GOING TO MEPS ( military entrance processing station )
    ive heard from countless amounts of people that they will try to con you into a job that they want to fill, and not what you wanted. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT JOB YOU WANT AND DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

army and marines, youre almost guaranteed to see combat, but like i said, it depends on your job.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH I SHIT YOU NOT!

goodluck buddy ;]

8. guys, don't do that shit

9. Thanks man and the best of luck to you too , do you know if by joining the navy your more likely to travel ? And also what jobs are you looking into ? A good friend if mine used to load the bombs or missiles onto the planes and helicopters kinda thought about doing that

10. The process of joining is not quick at all.

You should go talk to a recruiter and see what they say.

After you go through the application process(before processing) it is a minimum of three-four month wait.

11. I believe that you should only join the military if it's really what you want to do and not just to find yourself because it will change you and then you'll end up not feeling satisfied because it wasn't really what you wanted to do in the first place. Trust me, the past 3 years I wasted life doing something just because I was lost and thought it would help me figure out what I want to do with my life but just ended up back in the same place I was 3 years ago except with a different mindset while still feeling lost. What I just recently realized is that I was lost because I needed to find true happiness and acceptance within myself in order to act and excel upon my true purpose in life.