Lost Final Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by HeadySpaghetti, Feb 3, 2010.

1. All I have to say is..

WHAT THE FUCK?:confused:

2. hah, ok. Here's a few things I noticed:

1. In the flashbacks (flashforwards?) on the plane and it landing safely, it seems like thats what happens when the plane doesn't crash, but it also changes things before the flight somehow.

- Locke actually went on his walkabout
    - Hurley talking about how he has great luck

2. Its been established that Jack's crew and Ben's crew are in the same time. This is because that the people on the beach see the flare that the people at the temple shot. Keep in mind that Jin and Sun are only miles from each other now.

3. In relation to #2, Juliet's final message to Sawyer was "It worked." What does this mean? That the version of the plane where it makes it to LA is in a different reality? Obviously it didn't work if they are still on the island as well.

3. The bad guy (in Locke's form) is the smoke monster.

Other than that, not much happened. Ben killed the wrong guy, and now this mysterious bad dude is about to fuck shit up for everyone. It could go anywhere from here...

That's just Lost, though lol. :smoking:

3. So theres two realities now, island timeline and safe landing timeline. And now we get flashsideways i guess. I definitely need to figure out what the hells the deal with the whole temple and people and whatever though, I wasnt expecting something like that.

4. yeah where the hell have these people been this whole time?

5. that temple looks more like a hippie commune

6. Is it just me or did the translator guy at the temple remind you of John Lennon?

Also, As for the Island and Safe landing timeline, i believe that is how it is happening. Its the theory i went with and it seems to make sense. As for the last message "It worked" i think its something to do with diverting the energy, not reseting time..

7. It's all just an illusion...a totally fucking awesome illusion :hippie:

So stoked about the new season beginning and i think the first two episodes were fantastic.

8. can we talk ab;out richard alpert for a sec? "Locke" said something like "nice to see you out of your chains" and the black rock was a slave ship right? could richard have come to the island on the black rock? eh?
    btw this thread need to keep going throughout the season and we should have live discussions here during/after the episodes.:hello:

9. Im definitely going to say Richard came off the ship and something happened to make him immortal.

Also, does anyone else on this board ever look at the other side of the theory with the whole spirituality aspect? Jacob is god, The Man in Black aka Smoke Monster is maybe the devil who "Just wants to go home" as he said and the temple is a sorta gates of heaven thing? I mean ive awalys sort of suspected the island could be some sort of purgatory or something like that and theres definitely a lot of undertones to make me think about the religious/spiritual aspect thats throughout the show too.

I have no idea what sort of ending the show will go with, but I have a feeling its going to end up skewing either to a science fiction side or that religious side. I just have absolutely no freaking idea which one and its driving me crazy. Hah man of science, man of faith. I get it now :eek:

10. first off, someone somewhere pretty much made it clear that it's not purgatory. and jacob and essau(the man in black) are biblical characters. sure, there may be some religious aspect in the mystery but i really hope not. it'd be waaaaaay too easy for them to just say, "oh he's god he can do whatever." what a cop out, and if it turns out to be anything like this, im gonna be really disappointed.
    Second there's a lot of science going on on the island for there to be much of a religious aspect. the only spiritual side to this whole thing might just be something like fate has a hand in everything.

11. I noticed this too. Maybe Jacob freed Richard and made him immortal to watch over the island. But how does Richard's agenda (talking to Locke and Juliet off the island) tie into Jacob?

12. Me too. I mean maybe I wouldnt mind if it was a fresh new take on it, but it seems used. So im hoping its more timetravely sciency based and less mythological at the ending. Unless its a very kickass use of mythology

13. #13 Mairuzu, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010

More like flashsideways.

My god.. this has to be the most epic television show in history.

It was strange that juliet knew it worked... i mean it had to. She detonated the bomb and shes alive. Maybe during "death bed" she somehow got in touch with her alternate reality counterpart? Hmm im just as mind fucked as everyone else.

And the whole island being underwater during this alternate reality?

The smoke monster is just a little home sick so he starts going on a killing rampage?

Who the hell is Jacob and this other guy? or even.. what are they?

There's a theory about Richard being on the black rock, yeah. Another theory suggesting that when you time travel back in time, you simply dont age till you reach the moment in time you traveled back from, the accordingly from there. Then again its just a theory.

I've always thought something spiritual was happening on the island.. something to do with gods or demons and what not... ever since i saw that foot statue. I need to know!!

Free will and Fate.

14. First, who said the Man In Black is bad and Jacob is good? My theory is the other way around. Jacob is the bad guy and the MIB is trying to get away, to go home. The Others are certainly bad people, they kill, torture and kidnap. And take a close look at the cast of Flight 815 "heroes." Except for Hurley they're all a pretty dispicable lot. Even Jack.

As for Richard, I don't think he was on the Black Rock. He appears to be much older than that. The chains Locke mentioned I believe were metaphorical. He was free now, he didn't need to be "chained" to Jacob any longer. Locke also told the Others he was disappointed in them. (Didn't anyone notice the Lost poster? The one where it looks like the Last Supper? Locke sits in the place where Jesus sits and Sayid in the place where Judas sits.)

Doing the twin time lines really sucks. I was afraid the writers were going to use that cheap trick and then add in more new characters. Hopefully, there's a good reason for that. But in the LA timeline you can see what shits the characters are.

I read somewhere that in the script he was referred to as "Lennon." Don't know if that name will stick. But I'm curious if any Dharma people survived and are now Others.

15. I just though of a theory.

All of the times that they show on the plane, with them actually landing and what not.. it is all flashforwards to after what happens on the island after the final season is over. Once whatever happens on the island in this seasons is going to result in the island being underwater and gone forever. I think that the "SIDEWAYS UNIVERSE" is infact what is going to happen ONCE the actions on the island are finished.

16. Thats actually a pretty good theory. I saw that poster as well and you could be right.

Who else felt really sorry for Locke when MIB said how pityful and sad Locke's life was, and when he said Locke's last thought before he died was 'I dont understand'. Fucking tragic. I REALLY hope Locke comes back to life somehow and gets a good ending.

17. That's interesting...except it's all an illusion of course :smoke:

18. YES. The whole time I watched the scenes with that guy, all I could think about was how he looks like a fucking hippie.

19. I think that jacob is going to inherit sayids body just like the MIB inherited lockes body. Thats why they drowned him, and miles knew he wasn't "dead" when hugo asked him what was up.

I think that those "flash sideways" are ultimately going to end up with all the people ending up on the island anyways, kind of like its their destiny. Since didn't jacob still make "contact" with all the survivors already? or is all that messed up too?

20. No, Jacob would not have made contact with Hurley or Sayid in this timeline. Jacob met Hurley in the taxi when he gave him the guitar case and encouraged him to return to the island. Jacob met Sayid when he returned from the island. Jacob distracted Sayid long enough (pretending to be a tourist asking for directions) for his fiance to be run over and killed. Jacob is not a nice guy (IMHO).