lost a long time friend

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smokingjoe68, Mar 12, 2007.

1. hey all. I'm a long time smoker/ new grower. anyways, to say the least, I was very excited to recently harvest a cola of some size (16 inches). I had a friend for about 10 years now, that lives about 150 miles from me now. we used to work together way back when, the night shift, every morning we'd go for our morning "toast". he had even dated my sister a few times, which may be part of the equation.

about a year ago, I was staying not to far from him. I had recently went through an ugly break up and was staying at a motel, we were working at the same place. one afternoon, my sister had some family related info to get to me, and left a message at work for me to call her when I got off. I tried and couldn't call her from my motel room. without thinking that it might be a problem, I called my friend and asked him to call my sister and ask her to call me at my room. keep in mind, my sister lives 200 miles from us at the time and is happily married with 4 children. anyways my friends wife kind of freaks out, and tells me don't come around any more. the next day she calls me back to apologize and all seems ok.

about a year later, I've been keeping it a secret from my best friend that I'm growing. we've talked about it in the past, but that's it. I bought a big ole jar so I could cure this monster cola in tact, and take it down there to smoke him and his wife out. they both smoke about 10 times what I smoke. when I get there, I'm like, " I got a little nug I brought down to share with ya'll if you like", he's like, " sure, I guess", but I see an uneasy look on his face. so I go out to the truck to get my backpack. when I walk back in his wife says, "you might as well walk right back out the way you came in, and don't come back". so I left, I never stay where I'm not wanted.

well this all blew my mind. I'm not really bummed about it. I mean, I try put to myself in my friends place, and I know I wouldn't have done things the same. I don't know that the phone call to my sister that I asked him to make was the source of hate for me, but it was the only friction ever between us. I just chalk it up to the fact that he's just not as good a friend as I thought he was, my bad. peace ya'll

oh yeah, don't drive around with a big ole cola in a back pack, that stuff really starts to reak on a nice day, lol.

2. Damn man im really sorry to hear about you and your friend, that always sucks to loose a good friend.

3. Wow, what the hell.
    You brought them free dank, at your own expense - and they kick you out at the door?
    Not a good vibe.

4. Yeah forreal, he wasnt your friend in the first place if he could do that to one of his "Friends" Trust me, Ive been there way too many times. Too many fake people homie.

5. right, just thought I'd share. some whacked shit, oh well, no sleep loss on this end. if it's that easy to end a friendship, like you guys say there was no friendship there to start with. I'm just happy they asked me to leave before I broke out that big ole cola, it would've been obvious I'm growing, and those kind don't need to know.

6. sounds to me like his wife is very controlling. maybe you could try and get him away from her for a night, and just chill. maybe he hasnt changed all that much

7. it's his choice to be controlled. personally I could never see myself in that type of relationship as the controller, or controllee, but whatever. I just can't be someone's secret friend, don't get me wrong, he should side with his wife over his friends but I hope he takes a good look at the situation he's in and it's what's going to make him ultimately the happiest. if so, more power to him, it's not my problem and there's nothing I can do about it.

8. +rep for being so mature.

That's really irrational of his wife though. I mean, maybe you dont know the whole story but if that is the whole story, then what a bitch she is!

Id NEVER get myself into that kinda relationship. I told my girlfriend, of about a year) when we first started going out that i was never going to change for anyone. I am who i am and i see who i see. She just has to except that and except that ill always be faithful to her no matter what.

She'll test me too. We'll be walking though the mall or something and she'll be like " Damnn! That girls titie is falling out of her dress!" lol ill just look over and be like Yeah yeah, nice try lol

9. Why was his wife angry at you?

10. I don't know, I told you all about the only friction there ever was between us.

we had been friends for about 10 years now. we've drifted our own ways, but I still checked in on him about twice a year and we always had a good time. he always kept muchies around his house just for when I showed up, he doesn't really get the munchies, lucky bastard. I've never had any problems with her, other than what I told you about, and I don't feel like I wronged her in any way, I don't know what was or is going through her mind, but they didn't tell me that they had something to talk to me about, they asked me to leave, and so that's what I did. I wish I had more info., but I guess I thought more of our friendship than what was really there, because I kind of feel like I deserved an explanation. life goes on though, I'm not going to stress what I can't change. peace

11. Well point is he's a bitch. You can take the big ass cola to my house tho :)

12. lol, you're a long ways from me bro. I'm smoking a fat one for ya right now though. peace

13. What about me :D

14. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything...but I have noticed a lot of wives are very controlling like that, and the husbands just obey. It shouldn't happen sometimes, man. =\ You were very mature though. I'm very, very sorry. I know how it is

15. dang, you guys are going to get me high as a kite, alright, rolling another fatty for you. lol, thx everyone, ya'll know how to make a guy feel better.