Lossless picture file size compression

Discussion in 'General' started by LuxTenebris, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Any blades here know anything about massively compressing picture file size? I just made a new sig, but it absolutely destroys the file size limit (its 48kb the limit is 20).

Anyone here a god at lossless file size compression that could help me out with it?

Attached Files:

• LT.png
      LT.png
      File size:
      48.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Plz peoples? I really like this sig n wanna use it.

3. Use photoshop to change the dpi, save it, check the new filesize.

4. Care to elaborate? I'm good with making the pics, not the nitty gritty technicalities.

Edit: You mean lower the pixel dimenions?

5. If you have photoshop, just open the picture in it, then click around at the top until you find something like, "change file size" or "adjust dpi", or something of that nature. Then do it and save the pic. When you're saving it, it might ask what resolution or what image quality you want, just choose a lower resolution, or a lower quality and it'll make the file size smaller when you save it.

Another thing you can do is upload it to photobucket or something, then use their way of resizing.

6. #6 LuxTenebris, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
    Changed the dpi, when the file size was low enough, the picture was too small

Edit: Did it correctly, this time, and it somehow made the picture bigger, even though I dropped the dpi by 60?

7. #7 LuxTenebris, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
    Anyone know of some extremely good png compression tool?

Edit: Or maybe if you're good at it, work your magic on it for me?