Loss of love for music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 420Headbanger, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I used to literaly live for music, it was the only thing that kept me sane. But then I met the herb, alcohol, LSD, Ecstasy, other pills, and so on. I have addictive personality disorder and I think that once I entered the world of drugs I became to lazy to play guitar and lost my love for music. I just realized this not too long ago and I've been extremely saddened ever since. Anyone got any adivce? I've been playing my guitar non-stop and listenin to music like no other but still I don't have the love for music I used to. :(

How the fuck did Bradley Nowel (Sublime) manage it all? :confused:

2. Listen to some new bands. Experiment with new genres. You'll fall back in love.

3. get baked, go your room and just put your music on shuffle, or put in a mixed cd.
    close your eyes and get lost in the music.
    or
    TBREAK?

4. that first one's just regular jaming for me

and i was on a 3 week t-break which i broke about 3 or 4 days ago because i realized that i lost my love for music and couldn't stay sober anymore even though i knew i had to...

5. buy some backing tracks and pick up the guitar again. if you really have a love for music then you'll get back into it

6. I love playing music fucked up on a whole mess of drugs, but I guess its not the same for everyone.

If you really love music you'll get back into it eventually.

7. Drugs are supposed to broaden your view of music. As for Brad, he was a great song writer but, he didn't manage it. That is why he has since passed away.

8. hey man, sometimes its better to take a break than to burn out on it, ive gone several months without playing before with similar feelings. Give it a while it will come back and you will have a different view or feeling about it,maybe even help you come up with new tunes to play. Maybe even listen to a different genre of music for a while. On my break I listened to country music, and after I got the urge to play again I learned some great pantera and black label society songs cause I realised thats the kind of music I really liked to play and listen to.
    good luck

9. take a couple good e-pills and jam with a drummer.

10. i'm probably going to get flamed here, but sublime kind of sucked. since that's the only drug using artist you can compare to i'm drawing the conclusion that your taste in music isn't very broad. listen to some avant garde jazz, and some minimalism, and surrealist avant triphop and tell me that you lost your love for music. sublime is just chilling out music that doesn't leave people with their mouth open completely in awe at the lyricism or background music. it's mediocre.

it's very easy to get burnt out on the same music, and it's impossible to get inspired by that garbage.

11. well to start:

I wouldn't use Brad Nowell as a model for balancing drugs and music.

12. #12 Acid Raindrops, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
    Lol, yes. You probably didn't lose your love for music in general, just after doing LSD and such when you're in that higher level of consciousness, maybe subconsciously you realized you need to be more open minded to other music.

13. i gotta agree with him. sublime really isnt that great. theyre not horrible, theyre just popular. while there are much better artists out there that havent gotten nearly as much props for their talent.