Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of appetite

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cora, Jan 21, 2018.

1. okay, hi.
    im a pretty rookie smoker. It's been almost a year since I've started. Anyway so when I started I would smoke up only on weekends and such as i couldn't really "function" per se completely like I can now when high. I'm in college and during my last semester I started smoking daily. Now that the semesters ended and I'm on vacation I'm finding it a bit hard to get my appetite. I smoke up once or twice now and then but I can't and don't really want to smoke up all the time in my vacation. It's all going great but I suddenly don't have that attraction towards food anymore.
    happen to anyone else?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Cannabis is quite useful in controlling weight.
    Less frequent munchies happen as tolerance increases.

3. could be strain dependent.... some thcv strains take away hunger for example... you might want to take a few days off and let your receptors reset too...

4. Since I consistently use the same medical grade oil and sometimes get issues with total loss of appetite, for me that’s always a sign electrolytes are off. If I get high and still feel too nauseous to eat I get my doc to check electrolyte levels, supplement the one that’s low and back to a normal high.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think weed somehow normalizes appetite-related perceptions and behavior. Food tastes better, eating becomes more enjoyable and so I eat slowly and just don't feel a need to eat as much. My weight trended down about 20 pounds over the past 2 years since I've been eating, vaping and smoking Cannabis on a regular basis. Mostly just eating de-carb'd flower. Minimal smoking of joints and bongs any more. My activity level is probably less than half what it was 5 years ago when my health issues started - now at 59 with debilitating arthritis and neuropathy from a cervical spine injury. But I feel waaaaay better than I did when the doctors were pumping me full of prescription meds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. here is a few aerticles you could be interested in explaining how cannabis works and our diets making endiocannabinoids etc... http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
    Cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?
    Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabinoid System (PDF Download Available)

molecules in cannabis regulate your cell metabolism in the endocannabinoid system

7. Why after two years of Cannibus oil do I have no appetite at all? Losing too much weight!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. If you are losing weight, it sounds like you may have an underlying health reason. After I have a toke, it take me an hour or so before I can eat because I feel to speedy. But then it's like no problem at all.

9. I’ve been smoking for around 60 years and when I leave the country without it I hardly have a bite. Sure pisses my wife off. Marijuana can have certain types of “withdrawal” but it’s more of a habit in ur mind. Your body’s used to getting the munchies and getting that extra hunger kick. May or may not be true but that’s how I think of it...