Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss Of Appetite From Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by imageek, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Strange issue.

I've cut down my smoking a lot. I still smoke all day, but I smoke much less in the joint/vape.

But one thing I've noticed with this all day smoking is loss of appetite. I don't feel like eating breakfast, or lunch. I'll usually just have dinner, except last night I was just zoned out making music that all I had was some cheese and crackers through the entire day.

Can the weed cause a loss of appetite? A lot of my stoner friends are stick thin, so I guess it could.

2. Yes it can. Pretty much just force yourself to eat more. And stop eating so much when your high

3. Wow you are a rare one. Here i am advocating the use of MMJ to increase appetite in chemo patients, and you lose your appetite. Yes, strange issue.

4. I don't have appetite when doing wax, but with flower, I eat a lot.

5. Yeah. I usually smoke until I fall asleep (somewhere around 5AM) 
    When I wake up I can't really eat because I'm still a bit faded, eating while you're high takes your high away tho.

You really have to force yourself to eat more. I personally like to eat some fruit when I'm stoned. An apple & a spliff a day...  :smoke:

6. Isn't it possible that the effects on the appetite could be very different depending on what strain is being used?

Make that like 20 spliffs & 20 apples a day

8. I find this effect to be positive for me,
    I used to be a gluttonous prick but either a. my vicious metabolism has settled down from weed or b. weed has made me little less greedy

9. Oh wait just noticed he said he smokes all day , you should be getting the munchies.

10. Yeah most of the time i really don't get hungry smoking. I can tell you when i'm drinking though, i can eat like there is no tomorrow when i'm drunk. I can eat when i'm high it's just i'm more then happy with a nice ice water rather then a bunch of food. 

11. Honastly, since school has ended i am extreamly unhealthy, sleeping and eating pattern wise lol. Kinda cant wait to get back on track with things

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I've noticed that I have almost no appetite when I'm sober nowadays but i still always get the munchies stoned every time

13. I have Crohn's disease and use mmj for appetite... Seriously, nothing else works better. Although I have noticed some people tend to get worse munchies than other people so who knows, I'm guessing everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. It's because you reduced your intake, it's called withdrawals. When I quit, my lack of appetite is so bad I only am able to eat a few crackers within a 3-4 day period the sight and thought of food has the power to make me hurl. Lack of appetite is only one of the withdrawal symptoms u may experience, including insomnia, night sweats, day sweats, extreme irritibility, hot flashes, mood swings

15. sleeping habits greatly affect appetite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk