Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of Appetite After Qutting

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ge0, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Hey blades, I quit yesterday because of a DT for work and I've really had trouble eating.

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything good, does anyone have a home remedy to cause the munchies that doesn't involve sparking one up?

Thanks.

quitting*

2. its a side effect that eventually goes away with time and normal food consumption.

sleep and eating are normally two things that people have difficultly with quitting.

3. I tried to take a t-break once, and it was almost as if my stomach rejected food. I've pretty much been high 95% I have eaten food for the past three years, no joke, and the other 5% of the time I had smoked a few hours beforehand.

After the third or fourth day of barely eating, losing a lot of weight, having stomach pain and panic attacks, I took a hit and was flying. Bittersweet I guess...

4. This is common.. Try doing some sort of exercise.

5. the way to avoid this is by eating before you smoke, even if you eat while you're high

6. Just give it a few days and your appetite will come back this happens with me all the time when I don't smoke for a day or two.

7. Thanks guys...quitting has been tough.

Good to hear it's a common problem and especially good to hear that it will fade with time. I'm going to go for a jog or some shit if I simply can't get anything down like yesterday.

8. thc mimics a chemical in ur body that increases ur appetite, now that u stopped smoking weed there is nothing stimulating your appetite. after a couple days your brain will start making the chemical again and u will be able to eat. also workout today, get some exercise and u will be able to work

9. This thread begs the question.. is t-breaking the best/only way to lower tolerance? Or does your tolerance still go down if you transition to only smoking small amounts as need to combat craving/stimulate appetite?

10. I'm sure your tolerance would go down if you smoked a much smaller amount of weed than normal.

Quitting isn't always for tolerance, though.

11. Word. I just wish there was a way I could do a t-break without the stomach pain.

12. Exercise helped a lot for me with both eating and sleep. Do a few pushups or run around the block. Exercise also helps with getting weed out of your system.

13. Ever hear of the 3-day hump? Google it. This is very common.. your appetite will return.

14. Yeah I haven't had any bud for 2 days now and I can't sleep. Gravol doesn't do shit either. This happens every time I take a break although I've never had a problem eating.