Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of apetite at breakfast?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PaperBoy6, Sep 17, 2009.

1. #1 PaperBoy6, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    Lately I've been smoking weed pretty much every night. Now, even if I get really high I don't get a "hangover" per say with weed... when I used to get REALLY drunk I would have a hangover until 6 pm the next day. With weed I just feel kinda meh for the first 30-60 minutes when I wake up (but no headache or anything) and then I'm good after, so it's fine.

I know that loss of appetite when you're not high is one side effect of heavy smokers, but I don't really suffer from that - I work out so if I know I need to eat I just eat. The thing is, I've also never been much of a breakfast eater. I'm just not hungry in general for a few hours in the morning. I've been kinda forcing myself to eat breakfast when I wake up (since it's an important meal and again, for the gym..) and it's been going okay, but..

I just started work again, so I only have like an hour in the morning before I leave my house... and I can't for the life of me eat anything. I made some eggs and I almost feel like I'm going to puke if I eat it. I couldn't eat any at all, I REALLY don't feel like eating. I brought an apple for the car drive which I ate half of after some more time passed, but yeah this isn't good. I'm hungry like an hour or two later, which is when I'm at work, and it's just easier for me to eat at home than pack stuff.

And no, smoking RIGHT when I get up at 7 30 am is not an option heh.

Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this, any ways to avoid it maybe? I don't know.

2. I "suffer" from the same, it is just a side effect of regular use. Try not smoking right before bed, that could help. You mentioned that you were not a real breakfast eater to begin with, try a bowl of cereal, a couple of strips of bacon, or a shake. Doesn't have to be massive, just enough to kickstart your metabolism and ease those hunger pangs.

-C

3. can you even get "hangover" effects from weed?
    i mean like waking up high, or idk.. i've never - and i've been smoking for a few years now.

4. One think pot has shown me is how to listen to my body and give it what it wants. If your stomach isn't bugging you for food, why give it any?

Chances are you munched out like crazy the night before, so your stomach is still munching on the food you ate when you wake up.

I recommend you keep food with you in the morning so you can eat right when you feel the need to. Chances are this will still fall in the category of "breakfast."

Of course, I just fix this problem with the 730 wake and bake. Works like a charm, everyday.

5. Thanks for the quick reply, helps a lot.. I actually enjoy smoking before bed more than anything. But I find it's not too bad if I just smoke a bowl to relax, I got pretty high with my friends last night so it's worse than usual heh. I will jsut take it easy and have something small I guess.

Well I don't know what you want to call it, I doubt it's waking up still high, but if I smoke A LOT the night before I definitely feel "bleh" the next morning for at least a little while, but it's always gone within an hour. I don't get a headache or feel sick (like throwing up) like with alcohol or anything - I am just much more groggy than usual in the morning after a night of heavy smoking. A bowl cures it right up though, but that's for weekends :smoke: