Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Losing weight with bad knees ?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Ultramaxx, Aug 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. When you can’t do much cardio ?? Or lift weights due to bicep tear how do you lose weight??
    I’ve tried to eating less , less fried foods all I do is gain weight . Stopped drinking iced coffees to regular coffee….

2. It's odd that eating less isn't translating to weight loss. That's how mostly I did it.

All the best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stationary bike or swimming ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 topazann, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    I lost 54kg with no exercise. None. I sat on my ass and ate better. I've since added in exercise, but that's a separate thing from losing weight. You've got to fix your relationship with food.
    Calculate what you should be eating on something like this. Enter everything into MyFitnessPal or own food diary. Don't fudge, don't lie, don't cheat yourself. And don't deviate from the plan unless you've gone 2 weeks following it exactly with no results. Recalculate every time you're down 4kg or stall out for 2 weeks of following the plan perfectly. What you're doing here is you want to figure out your TDEE, which is how many calories your body requires to maintain your current activity level at your current body weight. Then eat less. 0.5kg / week is usually the most that's realistic for most people, unless you have a ton of weight to lose.

If you want to add exercise, great. It's a healthy thing to do. With a bad knee, I'd suggest Yoga, bodyweight exercises, or swimming.
    Once you've lost the weight, I think you'll be surprised with what you can do again. Don't be a victim of your body - own it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Meth. :lmafoe:

I dont have anything to add beyond what everyone else has said but i feel your pain, when you cant use your legs much it is really hard to burn the calories.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    Too the pool you go and join the old(rich) ladies in their water ballet ...lucky son of a gun

declaration: I do ballroom dancing now an Olympic sport

• Like Like x 1
  7. Read up on TDEE. Total Daily Energy Expenditure is how many calories you burn during a normal day. There are TDEE calculators all over the net. Eat at a 10% deficit and you'll lose weight safely and healthy.

Counting calories sucks but it works.

• Like Like x 1