losing weight from weed

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by pieman615, Jun 21, 2009.

1. hey everyone well my friend who is very large in terms of weight started smoking heaps like twice a day for around 8 months now and he has lost heaps of weight around 20kg's he doesnt eat munchies either so is this true?

2. marijuana increases motabolism. this is why most of us get hungry. your friend sounds like myself. i dont eat more then normal when im high, and in turn im skinny. im a bit too skinny though and need to eat more.

3. Its true, just don't give in to the munchies and it will work like a charm.

4. #4 EFG, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009

this shit true? can any0ne back this up or verify it with evidence? im gonna ask the google but if this is true then that's fuckin awesome

160 now... ive actually been doing the army workout that one awesome blade had in his sig, and after about two months i would say im down by about 20 pounds!

but i have been working myself hard, BUT i have been smoking the whole time, and when i get munchies(and i do get 'em like a mofo) i either eat something healthy i.e. ill eat like a carrot or something or ill tough it out... either way i feel great, this means if i just dont pig the fuck out on junk food then i could potentially lose more weight?

edit: http://forum.grasscity.com/fitness-...out-plan-you-motivation-those-overweight.html here it is... learn this shit and live by it, its good stuff

5. haha yes this is most probably legit he was really fat and now he lost heaps of weight!!

and that guide is really helpful man thanks ive got a fair few kilos on me

6. I did a bit of research on weed's effect on metabolism. It is unknown as to whether or not it speeds up metabolism, but the researchers should do a study on that. Go Ask Alice!: Does smoking marijuana increase your metabolism?
    This place claims that marijuana has been linked to weight gain, but honestly that is bull. Anyone can gain or lose weight with or without weed. But most sites (except places like GC or marijuana.com, and they don't count :rolleyes:) say that how weed affects metabolism is unknown.

7. no offense, but how is that bull? it's an entirely plausible theory...getting massive urges to pig out on junk food doesnt result in weight gain??????

8. well my friend , well hes not really my friend i dont like him hes a dealer now lol anyway he lost it all he says he didnt even eat alot of munchies but when he did he gained heaps of weight

9. Ever since i have started smokiong alot of pot i have lost alot of weight.. so idk haha

10. BAck in September 08 I weighed 265 when I first started smoking. Its June now and im down to 202. I really do think smoking had an influence on me I smoke cigarettes aswell so that may be a factor also.

11. i give in to the munchies every. single. time. :mad::hello:

12. the only way to gain weight = eat more calories than you expend
    the only way to lose weight = eat less calories than you expend

your friend probably eats less due to a change in his habits (ie: smoking taking up more time, leaving less to eat) or the fact that weed gives him something other to do than eat. A lot of obese people are fat because of habit eating; eating out of boredom. Now he can smoke out of boredom, lose weight, be high. :D

13. its definetly true that weed helps u lose weight...i have an AWFUL diet and ive been on the same one for years now...i shud weigh like 50 more lbs than i am...but weed keeps me right where im at...right around 200lbs

14. in 2004 i was 5' 4" and weighed 185. now im 5' 9" and weigh 140-145. i was proportionally overweight. i started becoming a daily smoker in '04. i know its not all the weed, but i attribute a little bit to the weed.