Losing Self-Control @ night

Discussion in 'General' started by SDWatcher758, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Ok, fellas for the longest time I've enjoyed smoking, hell I've been smoking for a year strait and I got to tell you it's helped me achieve goals and made me push for more because I had an outlet which let me relax. The reason behind that is because I put my body through stress everyday, specifically speaking at the gym.

I lift and do cardio about 6 times a week and its great because I smoke being the last thing I do at night it lets me relax and enjoy a movie or a game but the biggest problem I face with smoking is the munchies. Now, I enjoy food I love it but everynight common sense does not kick in and I give myself every reason to eat bad food.

Generally speaking I don't have any bad food in my house but I start snacking on toasted bread or frozen chicken that I heat up and I've got to tell you its messing up my bodybuilding competition coming up. I don't know what to do, I try to keep myself busy or keep my mind elsewhere but all I can think about is food.

I do eat and I'm very full and I still crave food just to eat it.. then I wake up each morning wanting to vomit because I ate so much! What are some things you guys do to kick in common sense when under the influence? I really am trying here but I've had no luck!

2. as long as it isnt junk food, especially if its chicken, then you shouldnt be afraid.

Eating = better gains, mang.
    also 6 times a week sounds like overtraining. Whats your split?

3. Drink water or something so you have the sensation of taste/consuming something to replace the desire to eat.

4. Have some self control man. Practice.

5. Chew some gum or something....if that fails eat like fruit or raisins to keep yourself full. I usually just try to eat pretzels and eventually I get tired of their taste and stop.

6. ahaha nice, i do that sometimes...

7. I'm not try to gain right now, I'm currently on a cut. Although I eat healthy I don't want to be digesting 200grams of carbs before bed because I have an urge to eat bread.. I have frozen fruit I sometimes eat some of that.. the problem is I know I'm not hungry yet I urge to eat something because it tastes damn good.

I'm not thinking strait either, I can go with the mentality of self control and I lose when I'm high.

8. I think the best thing to do is remove yourself from it. Go out on a walk/drive or start playing an intense video game that you can't get up from. Put yourself in situations where you can't get up to go get something to eat.

9. Confessions of a Munchaholic.