Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Losing love for Mary Jane :(

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sykdom, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I started smoking MJ around January 2005. The first time I did it, it was with a nice acrylic bong. I ripped about six bowls off and was just a little giddy (first timers are always lame). I bought some from my friends over the next few months and gradually grew to love Mary like my own sister. She was always so nice to me, keeping me relaxed and lifting the worries of normal reality off of my shoulders for a good hour.

But lately, it seems, my anxiety is getting the better of me and Mary. It all started a few months ago when I toked off my little glass bat. I took about 4 hits, pretty big, and went upstairs. I recognized the slightly faster heartbeat, but after a few minutes, the beating grew more and more intense. I started panicking, thinking I was going to die of a heart attack, and ran downstairs to get some water. I managed to keep myself from puking, but I had massive cottonmouth. When my brother, who is a really straight-forward guy, got home, he was able to calm me down a bit, convincing me that the weed wasn't laced. My heart still kept on beating faster, but I was able to keep myself from freaking out that bad.

The next time I did it, my heart beat the same way, but I was able to convince myself that it's only Mary working her magic. I would enter familiar closed eye trances in which my thoughts, though distant and disconnected, made perfect sense in a way only Mary could show me. But, it seemed, when I would come out of the trances, I would feel as if I hadn't inhaled! After inhaling, it would seem that I felt like my brain couldn't involuntarily control my breathing anymore. I felt like I had to control my breathing voluntarily, which was NOT a pleasant feeling.

Sorry for the long post, I just need some advice from fellow tokers. If you could, please post a remedy for keeping myself from panicking, or facts to keep myself from thinking I'm going to die. I've always had a place in my heart for Mary Jane, and I don't want to kick her out just because of some harmless anxiety.

Thanks everyone, keep Mary alive in your hearts.

2. Sounds like you need to relax to me. Get with some of your friends who you know and trust and are experienced tokers and have a nice session with them. Just remember, its only weed and theres only certain things that it can do and give panic attacks really isnt one of them unless its brought on my something you feel or did.

So loosen up and just go witht he flow next time you smoke.:smoking:

3. definantelt bro relax a bit

4. sounds like u shouldnt smoke weed to me

if u dont love to do it and its not making u any $$, then why do it?

thats how i decide what to do in my life :D

5. It was probably a sativa strain. Sativa strains are known to give panic attacks and increase paranoia. These kinds of strains are less common because they can grow up to 9 feet or more and the plants produce fewer buds than indica strains.

Indica is mainly a body type stone and sativa is mainly a all-in-the-head high.

Hope I helped.

6. its just the weed its self,i get that sumtimes too,i even pass out,i just say its rele good weed and got to high

7. I was thinking along the same lines, Kev.

Around here, most of the bud is heavily indica, so a stoner could get very used to the heavy body stone - then someone comes around with some sativa purps, and you experience a completely different, very powerful high.

8. That happened to me for a week, like everytime i smoked i panicked and the only thing that would calm me down was closing my eyes and laying down. Smoke yourself through it...

9. you are weird.

10. lol wookies are cool... reppin boston.. and making me proud to live in mass/new england area...

orig poster- yeahhhh... i have a problem with smoking weed....

wookie's answer- ya... just keep smoking weed till it gets better...

hahahaha.ha.. LOVE THAT ATTITUDE.......

11. What Are All Of You Talking About... I Smoke Weed Every Day I Have Never Had Such A Thing Happen... Sounds Like A Bad Shroom Trip
    People, I Smoke The Best High End Pot And Nice Home Growns And Have Never Had Such A Thing Happen... Its Just Pot Calm Down Bro

12. The same thing happend to me and i got a panic attack twice, it was because of anxiety. And every time after that i would feel my heart racing and things start to get trippy. My anxiety is gone so i never get thoes feeling anymore. But if i smoke 2 bowls to the face, the feeling will come back and probably another panic attack.

13. ive never got panic attacks, but this weekend i smoked some shit that kept making me feel like i was getting a headache. i smoked alot saturday and i thought i was just really stoned, but sunday i took 2 hits out of a bowl and drove 15 minutes away, and during the time i thought like i was going to sleep at the wheel. 2 hits shouldnt do that, but i guess some weeds will do that to ya

14. Stop Talking Like This. It Is Gay

15. yo bro i know what your talking about. i have high anxiety and thats happened to me before. i laid on the bathroom all night thinking i was gonna die. i was even cry thats how bad it can get. i guess the moral is you gotta relax? it hasnt happened to me recently and i can never tell when its gonna happen so. i'll pray for the best for you man. good luck

16. Trances and out of boy expriences are what its all about!!!

17. therapist

18. I have to admit I did not read the whole thread, just the first post.

this has happened to me, but i was able to keep myself under control for the most part and one time I made myself go to bed because I was freaking out.

I stopped smoking for about a week and then started again and all was fine. It still happens every so often, but when i can i try to turn on the TV or find something to keep me entertained so I don’t think about the fast heart rate and other bad things that pop into my head when my thoughts tend to wonder.

I hope this helps you and good luck.

19. ...how the fuck do you find the time to capitalize every single word?!?!?!?!