Losing friends?!

Discussion in 'General' started by dustyyy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. One group of friends who I toked with a lot, made up of average young adults like myself, got caught by the police. They were smoking in a park. The police took their stuff and let them off with a warning. They saw this as a "wake up call" and stopped. Additionally, they cut off ties with me because they know I still smoke.

Some other good friends have turned to drinking and lost interest in smoking (keep them in your prayers). Becuase I have smoked with them a lot and because I dont drink, they have also lost interest in hanging with me.

The rest of my friends dont smoke. I'd say half of them are very against it, so I just dont tell them. If they were to find out, they would probably stop talking to me though.

So what should I do? This really sucks. Should I come out and tell all my friends that I stopped? I'm definately atleast cutting back now that I have no one to smoke with.

2. Just don't get high around them and don't talk about it.

If they're friends you care about just tell them you quit too.

They might just be paranoid frm getting busted, they might bounce back and get high again.

3. so many people smoke, you should definitely try to surround yourself with people who do. that same thing happened to me, i had a friend who said her life was fucked up because of her mom and she was completely anti-drug, so when i started experimenting the same shit happened. theres nothing wrong with smoking by yourself, but after i cut those people out i realized that theres a lot more people my age (and older) who do smoke than people are against it. so its not hard to make new friends especially when weed is a common interest.

4. true friends always stick together, which is why you need to get more friends much like yourself.

i only have 2 REALLY good friends because of the same reason. A little open-mindedness wouldn't hurt. The funny thing is that one of my 2 best friends doesn't toke at all, but hes extremely cool about it.

5. find some new stoner friends

bars would be a good start

6. That's stupid to just hang with people who smoke.

7. Thanks guys. It just sucks to lose old friends. I guess its part of growing up. I dont know anyone else that smokes right now, but college starts in august and that will be a perfect place to start. It will be a long summer though :(

8. You should get some new friends dude. Goddamn I still hang out with people that don't smoke, but not as often as I do with my stoner buddies.

But even when I wasn't smoking I was still chillin with my buddies who smoke.

They're not your true friends if they just dump you like that. Find some new friends who essentially don't care if you blaze :smoking:

9. first of all, if you wanna keep smoking you can always just smoke by yourself, it's really no one's business if you choose to enjoy the herb...

and secondly, if your friends don't want to hang out with you anymore because of weed, then i don't think they were ever your true friends to begin with.. so i don't think you're losing out on too much.

don't let weed complicate things so much man! :D

10. thanks bro.

sidenote: your sig is AMAZING.

11. I lost friends because of smoking but I've gained so many more. My other friends have gotten used to the fact I smoke and I guess as they grew up the realized its not such a big deal.

12. yeah that happen to me
    the way i see it as
    its you vs the world
    and during your life
    your gnna see people
    come and go

13. #14 MoonJuice, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
    Aiyo, fuck losing weight. I typically just get back on the highway and move some cakes and generally I find that life's based on what I do today. Cop a car, maybe a new estate but then I'll say fuck it, and get the beef and rocks, blue and grey. My baby almost always does the date and yeah, sometimes I gots to move an eighth, I'm aware but I'll just rationalize it and text them, 'fuck the scrutiny, those bastards is screwing me.'. I don't let the drama slide either, who knows, one day maybe you'll hear a *****'s momma died and when it happen follow protocol and yell out HOMICIDE.

14. if they can't except you because you smoke, then fuck em'
    on another note, some people might have more to lose than you.
    if they're real friends they should be able to find a medium point, if that makes sense.

15. Wait... what?

OP, hang out with your friends friends. Whenever youre chillin with some of your boys and theres someone there that you dont know just start talking to them, get there number and chill with them again and just keep doing that.

16. word thats how im feeling right now thanks for that

17. WTF is this?

18. count it as a blessing that you found this out sooner or later. If your friends are douches like that then theyre not really ur friends no offense but they sound more like uptight assholes. Dont worry so many people smoke youll probably make tons of friends soon. Dont change who you are for anybody. I have friends that smoke and some that dont, but they are all good friends and dont judge me. Even if a friend started tweakin i wouldnt just stop talkin to em. If anything i would try to hang out with them more.

19. well first of all you shouldnt let your "friends" not know that you smoke because of fear they might be against it and be a prejudice prick. i wouldnt not tell ANY of my friends that i smoke, simply because if you treat me like crap after me telling you then you arent worth it.

fuck em, fuck em all i say. i've lost my best friend when we both parted our separate ways into different social groups and he just became an unreliable dealer, and he dropped me because one night i asked him for a half that night, he said ok, he didnt call me until the next day (when i alread found weed) and i told him im good and i already have some. fuck him anyway, he was never reliable on one pickup and he expects me to be reliable to him? fuck that, you get treated how u treat people.

thats just a rant now...