Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Losing friends over weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by justan, Dec 1, 2010.

1. #1 justan, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    Unfortunately, weed does in fact change some people.

Me and my "friend" used to be really good friends. Chilled all day every day in the summer, smoking lots of weed.

Then our friend showed us his outdoor grow spot and gave us all the plants saying he didn't want to get linked back to it and my friend started getting cocky. He bragged to everyone about how he was "growing mass bud".

Then shortly after, he started becoming "addicted" to weed. I know you can't be physically addicted, but he has a VERY addictive personality (he got severely addicted to halo) and ended up becoming mentally addicted. It got to the point where he HATED being sober, and would do ANYTHING to get high, including lying, cheating, stealing, and using people to get weed.

He also would brag about smoking, and even brag about things that never even happened. We'd be in a group of people and he'd be like "yeah we just bought an ounce and smoked it all last night" and I'd have to tell people he was lying.

We were best friends, and it got to the point where I hated being around him.

Recently, we started picking up from a new guy, or he did I should say. Then he got it in his head that if he became tight with the dealer, that he'd get smoked up for free. Well, his plan worked. Now he rolls around town with his dealer getting exactly what he wanted.

He ditched all of his real friends for his new "friend", just to get high. Now, instead of calling or texting me to chill, the only time he calls or texts me anymore is to ask if I need a bag. It's pretty ridiculous and pretty fucking sad.

The worst part is, I feel like I created this douche bag. I was a daily smoker(still am) and when I met him, all he did was sit and play video games. He'd smoked, but would smoke only a few times a year. Then when he met me, it all just went downhill. Keep in mind, I am NOTHING like him and I wasn't a bad influence whatsoever. I've never been in trouble with the law, I do all my work, and I'm pulling good grades and have a 3.347 GPA. This kid hates school, and is failing every single class.

The sad thing is, I really can't wait till the day he slips up. That kid NEEDS to get in to some trouble. He needs a good kick in the ass to show him whats right. Maybe a PO would do him some good...

2. cool story OP,

3. If he's that kind of guy, he was going to get addicted to weed/other drugs at some point anyways. Don't feel like it's your fault.

4. same happen to me, and you can't really do anything about it. the sad thing is the kid eneded up having to move states...

5. Yeah, sorry for the long ass post. Most of you probably could care less, just thought I'd share about how weed can change some people. It's guys like him that give weed a bad rep.

6. Was this supposed to be funny or something? :confused:

But damn op that really sucks. I became friends with "stoner" crowd in high school i guess you could call them that. About a year after i couldn't stand those kids... when people act like they're gonna die if they don't smoke right that second. Honestly it really does suck that this happened to your best friend, but if he really annoys you to the point where you can't stand being around him sounds like there's no other choice but to try and make new friends. I did the same thing, dropped the "stoner" crowd and made new friends. Not saying drop him like a bag of shit but maybe gradually you can move into a new group. Worked for me so i that's the best advice i can give. Good luck op, hope things go your way.

7. I don't think it's as much the weed, but his personality.

8. Oh I hang out with the stoners. 90% of my friends are in the stoner crowd. He's literally the ONLY one that is this bad. No one even comes close to the level he is at...

And that's pretty much what I did. I'm done hanging out with him. I mean we still chill from time to time, but he's really not the kind of person I want to be associating with.

9. Prick. I needed to post, just to post that.

And OP, don't hang around with him anymore. He seems like a bad apple, dodge his messages, avoid his phonecalls. Get a new sim if you have to.

10. wait until he gets in fucking shit, then be there for him when he falls to the ground.

11. Don't worry man your not gonna have to deal with a future coke head or opiate fiend. Once he tries those drugs, his ego will most likely kill him. He'll be doin a 8 ball in 20 min just to look like Montana, then bam cardiovascular failure.

It's sad but its just life man.:smoke:

12. This would of happened anyway weather it be from coke weed pills anything.
    I know you cant get ''addicted'' to weed per say but i think their is such a thing as using it irresponsibly letting it affect your life is such losing friends , failing school e.t.c

But fuck that guy don't buy from him and his new mate like people have said ignore him shame you lost your mate but it would of happen eventually anyway.

13. He doesn't do weed. He abuses it. To the point where he has alienated all his real friends and his family. It really is sad.

Like I said, he's the type of person that gives weed a bad name.

And nah, I'm not gonna stop buying from the dealer. He has some of the dankest bud around, and he's one of the most legit guys I've ever bought from. I've got no issue with him, just my friend who has taken a new liking to him...

14. Umm. First you say that he became so annoying that you hate to be around him. Then it seems like you're sad that he made a new friend. Then you say it's totally lame that he's ditching you... even though you said you hated being with him. Finally you say that he still calls you, offering you weed... how is that bad? And now you want bad things to happen to this "friend".

You sound very confused. And jealous, too.

15. ^^ kinda agree, you did change opinions alot but its all good losing a good friend can be hard, stay strong ! :p

16. I'd peace out on the grow opportunity honestly.. Especially if he is telling everyone about his grow.. It's a matter of time before someone robs him or the cops come.. Problem waiting to be solved.. Definitely don't be involved with that.. Sucks though op and I wish you the best..

17. Some people just can't handle the herb and use it responsibly. It sounds like your friend is a loser or at least has become one. He's probably going to end up nowhere in life, dealing or working a part-time job living at home with his parents. Just don't associate with him anymore. He is the poster child for anti-weed fanatics. Some lazy "addict" who fiends to get high.

Just be cool and tell him straight up. If he laughs in your face and says "I'm going to go get high" then fuck him. Who needs some lazy, good for nothing douchebag anyways?

18. the kids jsut a douche if he'd do that, your better without him. most stoners make great friends. lol

19. To be honest this site has some of the most caring friendly people.I cant say id lose sleep over your problem but i do feel and relate to it.All i can say is ive lost good friends for all kinds of reasons and if always getting high > best friends.You dont want to be around him anyway.
    May we all smoke a bowl to the friends who lost themselves to drugs.

20. Yeah, losing true friends over shit like that sucks Donkey balls...