losing buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Budboy186, Feb 27, 2003.

1. can you grow a plant and do something wrong to make it not bud. not that i want to do that im just worried about one of my girls her flowers are really small but she seems to be in really good health.i've heard that if light gets in while in the night period that it's bye bye buds and i've also herd that if it gets light in the dark period that it will just go back into vegtation and take longer but will still bud.

2. the light regime has to be perfect....no light during the dark period at all....if you must then greenlights can be used but i see no need....1/ are you sure it's female and not male?
    2/did it get light during the dark period

how long has it been flowering?

and yes the plant can attempt to go back into veg if it got light during it's dark period.....or it could possibly be a hermie....half female half male.....look for pollen sacks on it.....if so....pull it at once, or it will pollinate the rest of the females......Peace out.....Sid

3. what is the dark peared?.....thanks......peaces......MrSbb

4. the dark period is the time that the plant is in complete darkness...i.e when flowering the lights are changed to 12/12......12 hours on and 12 hours off.....the off is the dark period......Peace out....Sid

5. OHHHH..when do i do this when i start growing?........thanks....peace....MrSbb

6. no...no...no...no.....have the plant on either 24/0 or 18/6.....some like the 18/6 as it gives the plant some fdark period, however 24/0 will get it to grow faster if needed......Peace out....Sid

ps read the guide under my link....it gives you everything you want to know about growing.....

7. yeah sid it's defantaly a female and not a hermey or a male and it's been flowering for about id say probably four weeks. the flowers are just small and the branch there growing on are getting bigger but the flowers are not. does this mean i'll probably just have small buds it did get a little light in the dark period but not much and not long at all

8. sounds to me like you need some ferts...for blooming

9. what are you using for a light

10. what kind of fertilizer are you using? You need something with a high middle number.