Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lose weight while smoking/control the munchies!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hinkleberry, Feb 9, 2010.

1. So I'm planning on wrestling in college and since the wrestling season is over I am starting to develop a gut from smoking. Does anyone know any good ways to have fun while being high and get exercise and control the munchies? Hahah i don't want to quit but I would love to find a way to lose weight while smoking.

2. You could try chewing gum. For me all I need is something in my mouth (inb4penis).

Plus, eating while high makes the high go away faster.

3. i'm gonna try that gum thing...

if i haven't ate that day and know i'll get hungry i prepare and try to have fruit or something healthy lying around so that i eat it just out of convenience.

4. #4 StarshipRoflcop, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    (double post ftw)

but i suppose i can add that, if it's your thing, smoking a cig shortly after a bowl usually helps cut down my appetite

5. Have you tried not eating? lol

I dunno, I just ignore them, I don't find it too difficult. Especially since I enjoy my high more if I don't eat. It lasts longer and I don't feel like a fat slob once I've come down.

6. I like to plan smoking around my meals. So if its going to be dinner in 30, Ill get baked and then get to munchy out on a delicous healthy meal.

Or if you stone and just be away from food. Don't stay in the house, go out and do something. Frisbee Golf, biggest stoner sport out.

7. smoke a sativa and go to the gym, thats what i plan on doing from now on.

8. Hes a wrestler so he should dip instead lol.

9. best way is to get a lollipop or gum or put really healthy food out like fruits n veggies not that artificial shit like health bars those are no good unless u can control ur self to just having one lol

10. You could just eat healtheir food.... Instead of smoking and then eating a pizza, a bag of chips, some candy, then having some pop you could prepare a real meal which would be much healthier and probably more enjoyable. (think like fish/chicken/salads etc.)

11. I usually smoke after a regular meal that way I dont get very hungry afterwards.

12. Dude if you wrestle at the college level you gota be dedicated just do it man. And the bud just limbers you up and you do much better imo. (ex wrestler, still stoner) But if you really love wrestling the best way would keep running to keep up that stamina especially if you smoking, and to find a wrestling camp they have lots of year round ones and keep doing what you love and getting better at it...

13. very true.

i never really enjoyed or knew how to cook until i started making myself fried rice, omelets or whatnot while i was stoned. something as mundane as food prep can be made enjoyable with a little smoke.

14. exactly. you get high, get some great food, and learn a new skill. it would be pretty hard to beat that

15. ive noticed now that i cant eat at all unless i smoke. the only way to control that is eat before you take tokes and have mind power! lol

16. I figured out that wrestling and smoking don't go together from experience. Conditioning is bitch if your a seasoned toker. Hope you don't have to cut weight :D

17. Gum or tic tacs always work for me..It just gives me something else to focus on other than eating

18. Eat healthy foods. When I get the munchies (munchies isn't actual hunger but just the brain thinking you're hungry) I sometimes eat a piece of fruit and it's all gone. Once I had the munchies and ate 5-6 cannabis seeds and I actually didn't feel hungry at all afterwards - and I hadn't even eaten anything that day :eek:

19. i just drink water, tbh sometimes the simplest answer is the best.

the other obvious answer is fill the time doing other things, ideally like basketball or something, but theres nothing wrong with a little xbox..

20. Cut up plenty of celery, carrots, apple slices, etc. You can toss the apple slices with a little bit of lemon, lime, or orange juice to keep them from browning. They'll stay good for several days sealed up in the fridge. Filling up on fiber-rich foods will help fill you up without the weight. Mango slices on fresh spinach makes a delicious salad, and mango is said to give a better high.

I've found that a little bit of peanut butter is really satisfying if I have the munchies, too. It fills my stomach up and lasts.

The other thing is to be active as much as you can. If you have a sativa and feel energetic, go for a walk or get in some training. Find a hobby that you like to do to keep your mind off the food as much as possible.