"Lord of the Clones"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NaughtyDread, Nov 16, 2003.

1. i think this is the same plant different angle. i havent done anything any different. i just used different soil which thankfully hasnt caused me any sorts of problems since these plants have been in it. ive fed them 3x since theyve been in veg, and i used a flowering fert rather than a veg. it didnt seem to cause adverse affects. the only thing ive learned so far is the sativa when she is cloned requires large amounts of nitrogen, more than what an indica would require. if you can keep that in mind, you all may have successful sativa grows.

Attached Files:

• c10.jpg
      c10.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
  2. i hope they do, i really, really do! man i do deserve some sensi bud, PLEASE let me have SENSI !!!! :D seriously though, are they looking good? cant wait till i move then the real fun can begin :eek:

3. Nice work man very thick hope ya enjoy .. Good luck on Harvest

4. thanks :) hoping for the best!

5. HIGH All, mmmmmmmmmmmmm very nice babies NaughtyDread....can't wait till 4 weeks down the road.

6. THANX!!!4 weeks seems so far away :) but i know exactly what ya mean, the changes in a month will be night and day. im kinda thrown off a bit though, i really cant remember how large the mother plants were before i put them into flower. i just know it was at 5 weeks. these are BUSHES, the mother werent lol. i will though keep these in veg for an extra week under the hps though before going 12/12. ive finally got my deadline date. these have to be done and cured by feb 27th , nother big birthday coming up:) daym my friends!!!

7. havent been by in a couple of days, checked on them today and they have grown back into the adjusted lights. i cant raise it anymore, so they will be going hps this weekend. like i stated yesterday, ill run them 18/6 under the new lights for a week. this again will give me time to make all necessary adjustments for flowering. it actually should be easy considering the temp has dropped. so i dont have to worry about temperatures soaring (i didnt the first time ) winter growing of shrooms and weed are so much easier, temperature never becomes a factor, atleast for me.

so, i will be potting them directly into 3 gallons, 4 will go in, im still playing with the idea of keeping my last sativa in veg mode. i need to figure out how to keep her small, because she is already getting huge :) well, sorry no pics, i will most likely have some for tomorrow after repotting and setting up the flower room.

8. what size pot is that mom in now? If you want to keep her mini about 1 cubic foot pull the plant out of the pot, cut off the extra root ball so it first in the smaller container and put it in a small 6" pot with compost or any good organic soil. Moms have t be organicly grown otherwise the ferts build up salts and the plants isnt healthy. Trim back the plant by cutting off 2-3" cuutings, you can just toss them, root them and give them away to a friend or throw them in the fridge in a baggie for a while. Leave at least one node on each branch so it can continue growth and so it dosent die on you from cutting back the roots so much. Water well and pull the lights as high as they go till it looks like its past the transplant.

9. hey wassup grO and everyone else who is following :) stopped by today, did some tending to the garden. things didnt go the way as expected, unfortunately, hps loving has been pushed back a week. i may just skip a week of 18/6 hps and go straight 12/12. mostly because of my schedule. however, i did manage to get the room setup, purchased some extra supplies and may have to get new soil. ive got a little of the last bit left, and i got another bag of the same brand but not type. i realized when i got to the spot. it was just to cold out there today at the depot, i guess i couldnt concentrate on what i was getting, brrrr it was cold :)

well after all that, got to the spot, shot some pictues posted below, and gave them a flushing, preparing for next weeks repot and 12/12 run. i got 2 more 3 gallons, and some peat moss. this time im going to mix it with the soil i use along with some aged manure. i know there is no point during flowering, but just some extra nutrients that they prolly lacked during veg.

to answer your question grO, ive got the mum in a gallon container. i need to do something guick, the manure mixed in with the repot musta kicked in something furious, look at the image. ill post the other pictures later, im running off again !!

Attached Files:

10. looking good dread..........

keep a eye on the re-veg one for any pollen sign...

Did u clean the 12/12 room... might have pollen laying around the walls or lights....latezzz...

11. yea dread you need to steralize the room, turn off the exhaust fan and turn the light on. Go in and spray all the walls and floor down with water just dont get the bulb :O

dread throw some wicks in one of your plants pots or all when you re-pot. any cotton or poly string will do runa bundle through ecah hole in teh bottom and have some at the botom and some running up the sides. i found putting ht estring into a bick pen body about 1/8" then jaming it up through the holes and up the sides of the pot worked wekk to get it up there, you might need to find something bigger to get up into the 3 gal pots you have cuz im using 4 cubic inch Mom pots.

I have some 2 week old babies and i put wicks in both last week. I was just watering normaly thinking its better off cycling dry/wet faster. I ran the wicks and put an extra pot the same size under it so it held the pot about 1/4 high, i took a gladlock container and measuered and marked the continer to about 1/16" below the plant pot so only the wicks will be in the water. 2 days ago i decided to give it a try and hooked one of the babies. First off the plant took off big it grew about 1" and the fan leaves shot out going up a node and a half, this is only 12 days old and was at 2 nodes. Compared to the other plant that wasnt on the wick system i would say growth was about 50% more. While normaly after 2 days i would have to water without the wick system. The wick plants soil was still nicely moist after 2 days. I switched the wick system to the smaler plant to let it catch up a bit and so the plant oon th wikc can dry out a bit. I will see how this plant responds to this system also.

Bottom line, wick is a good step up from just soil and its such a simple yet effective setup. Give it a try and see how it works for you :D

12. heres a pic the one on the left was just on the wick system.

Attached Files:

13. okay im back, this would be the second time im typing this lost it the first time, anyways, i may try that wick system grO that may benifit me since im not there all the time to water. quick question, the water in the second container, is that runoff from watering or is it water that was added?

and thanks all for reminding me to clean the flower room. i did vacuum, but i have not cleaned with soap and water, that i may do just in case, it actually would sound like a good idea.

here are the other sativa clones that i said i would post. i am very impressed with its growth. the other 4 did not grow like this one at all. of course i only had them under 80 watts of flowers for about 3 weeks. another 80 watts makes all the difference. i think food for revegn makes a big difference also. so in actuality, deviating from how i grew this clone from the others has been benificial and has taught me a thing or 2 :) here are the other pics

Attached Files:

14. and here is the last one of that same plant, isnt she gorgeous? hey Bob wats going on? longtime no see and talk to, i know which roots youre refering to ive seen them on my plants also, they can be anything bad, they are just kinda nasty looking. :)

Attached Files:

15. next pictures are of the remaining plants. all of a sudden, im thinking i did something wrong to them because they are not as big as the clone above. oh well, im still thinking ill get a good yield. i unitied some of them today also allowing them to re-orientate themselves before i go into flowering.

Attached Files:

16. the leaves are not as broad as on the top plant, but i suppose this all makes up with the tight internode spacing inbetween leafs. the smell is quit strong also at this time. you would think they would stink more in flower, but it seems to be the opposite :)

Attached Files:

17. unfortunately i had to raise the lights a little more, i wasnt really happy about this because floros will not penetrate the lower canopy like hps or mh.

Attached Files:

18. im also ready for the repot, i want to give them all some aged manure. i think it will help them out a little.

Attached Files:

19. some other pictures

Attached Files:

20. and here is my other prized plant, she would be my other sativa, shes a beauty also :)

Attached Files: