Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loosing Mg from smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alecskates12, Mar 28, 2012.

1. My friend Sao if you smoke 4 to 5 times a week for 2 years you will be shaky and stuff because you lose magnesium

What are your guys thoughts I have no idea I never heard of this

2. I'm not shaking..

3. Me neither, never heard of it with anyone I know who's been smoking much more for much longer.

4. Truth there! I've smoked for 17yrs almost a g a day (at least) and I shake. Like an alki somedays and its terrible on sativas. Jah

5. If you're worried anyway, just eat more beans and spinach.

6. Not worriedly friend next to me told me about this in class so I decided what you guys ha to say

7. A friend also told me I would be brain dead if I continued to smoke pot :p

First off, what you are describing is Parkinson's disease... Not magnesium defeciency. This is magneisum defeciency:

quoted from Wiki

Second off, there is no evidence at all to suggest marijuana causes poor uptake of magnesium....

Sounds like an ignorant friends blabbing off ignorance he heard from another ignorant friend.

I searched google for 2 minutes to break that chain of ignorance. It's simple folks :p

8. Bazinga!

9. Haha he was like a video on YouTube showed me and I just laughed and walked away haha

10. I shake a bit, but I think alcohol and other unmentionables has more to do with that than weed.

11. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

A friend also told me I would be brain dead if I continued to smoke pot :p

First off, what you are describing is Parkinson's disease... Not magnesium defeciency. This is magneisum defeciency:

quoted from Wiki

Second off, there is no evidence at all to suggest marijuana causes poor uptake of magnesium....

Sounds like an ignorant friends blabbing off ignorance he heard from another ignorant friend.

I searched google for 2 minutes to break that chain of ignorance. It's simple folks :p[/quote]

Ok so I've Parkinson's then? Cheers for being cool about it and not like slapping my face with a shaking fish n all BUT NOOO I dont have THAT silly! I am healthy and live WELL I grow my percy organically etc but bud makes me shake.....simples oh and before I get shouted down stfu (stroke that furry Unicorn) I've smoked daily (apart from a few months I was in jail) for 17yrs a gram (@least) a day. It causes my pain to go and I can eat after it, not before it, BUT it makes me shake :)

12. It is not ignorance, it is merely disallusion. :bongin: stay thirsty my friends.

13. [quote name='"rixxy24"']

Ok so I've Parkinson's then? Cheers for being cool about it and not like slapping my face with a shaking fish n all BUT NOOO I dont have THAT silly! I am healthy and live WELL I grow my percy organically etc but bud makes me shake.....simples oh and before I get shouted down stfu (stroke that furry Unicorn) I've smoked daily (apart from a few months I was in jail) for 17yrs a gram (@least) a day. It causes my pain to go and I can eat after it, not before it, BUT it makes me shake :)[/quote]

You shake not from weed my friend. Keep blaming weed, you will have many enemies.

14. Keep blaming weed and ill have many enemies? Dude I didn't start this topic, merely imputed my person experience as a full time, benefiting user. Nowhere have I blamed weed for anything. I explained my situation. If I ( as I have in the past) don't smoke, not by choice I might add, I dont shake. I only smoke of an evening due to family and other obligations. I am writing this 4 or 5 mins after smoking a joint and am for the first time today shaking. Its more a "vibration " maybe even a constant shudder. Its 5pm and I've been up since 8am and busy, that's MY life and MY experience. Any and all enemies I get through this can, and I'm sure you'll quote me on this, suck my plumbs!
    Peace n love

15. I shake when I am way to high to be in public and am in public

16. Wow well its true. Horses for courses! A. Wont shake B. Will shake, who's right? Noone till we stop spamming ppl....DR SHELDON COOPER. A whole wk he's msgd me saying I'm wrong. Look blades ganja makes ME shake now shhhh drsc

17. I doubt it. Even if it was true, with the way our food source is enriched (look at all the stuff they add to just bread) I really don't think anyone is at risk of being deficient of anything. Oh the flip side, we're probably getting too many nutrients as it is.

18. Seriously? Cmon now, use your big boy words and form actual sentences. Wow.

19. IDK man, OP asked if smoking weed causes a Mg deficiency and you jumped all over it with nothing but your word to back it up.

What, are you telling us that your Mg levels are perfectly fine right before you smoke weed, but you suffer immediately from the effects of a nutrient deficiency as soon as you smoke pot? ROFL :bongin: