Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loose Joints GAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Angel_Dust, Nov 19, 2008.

1. first time roller, i've been all over the internet(including here) and rolling a joint has to be the most fustrating thing ever!!! my joints always loose!!!!!!!

any help?

2. roll it tighter? like when you start it, kinda tuck it behind the green more, if you get what I'm saying.

3. once you get the hang of it, its real easy and so much fun cause its like a work of art. anyway all you need to do is get a paper (i like zig zags) and put the grinded up bud in it (add a roach too if you like them). then just take the paper and place both index fingers in the back and use your thumbs to get the bud in a cylinder shape. once the bud is nicely compacted use your thumbs to bring the edge of the paper just above the bud then use your index fingers to roll the top over, just put some pressure while you do this and lick the glue and seal it...hope this helps its kind of hard to describe how to do, its something that is better learned visually imo...good luck:D

4. if u cant roll the normal way then try the pre rolled cone way...take a sharpie and roll the paper around it and lick it and seal it up so its a cone..then pinch the bottom or put a filter in the bottom nd pack your weed in...much easier than roller...not as effective but better than a loose joint...

my friend used to not be able to roll and he did this...try this but keep practicing and youll get it eventually

5. perfect joints are the shit
    [​IMG]

6. Try to get the very middle to fold over tight, lick it down, and go from there.

7. Wow sems really helpful rubbing it in his face like that....:p
    Try the dollar bill method.

8. i second that. its near imposible to screw it up. Dolla Dolla bill yall.

9. When you roll it man dont be afraid to add some pressure because thats how you get it tight.

10. #10 effing_gus, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
    yea try that. its the easiest way i think.

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/328120/trick_how_to_roll_tobacco_cigarette_with_dollar_bill/"]heres a vid.[/ame]

11. Just keep practicing and you will get it

12. You could try another way of rolling a joint. Try this:

Take your paper, wrap it around a pen and seal it so you end up with a tube of paper.

Take the pen out of the tube.

Twist one end of the tube shut.

Grind up some herb.

Fill the paper tube with your ground herb. (You could use the pen to pack it down if you want a tightly packed joint).

OPTIONAL: Make a roach and insert it into the open end of the joint.

Then light it up! :smoking:

13. When I started rolling, I was just wrapping the paper around the bud with my fingers.

You really gotta "roll" the bud back and forth and press against it while you do that, to compress it together into a cylinder. Once its sticking together you roll it up the paper and tuck it closed, pulling tight on the paper to get a good tight seal.

Really emphasize "rolling" and pressing the bud itself through the paper with your fingers. Its what I didnt get, and once I did I started making awesome joints.

Also dont freak out when weed starts falling out the end, you can do a little to keep it in, but dont take your fingers off the joint or you're basically starting over. (exception for when you're so good you can let go of the joint in progress)

14. Gah! I just love the fucking accent in the vid it made me lol just a bit.

15. I just started smoking, and I am not freaking out over this. I use a grinder, a rolling machine, and some nice rice papers rolls perfectly smokable joints every time without all the fuss.

16. Firstly, +rep to Sems for a model joint.

The trick, IMO, is to use a grinder and spread the green around uniformly, a little less up front near the filter and more near the top to give you that cone look. Once you have it in nicely hold it in both hands with both sides of the paper between your thumb and forefinger and rub your fingers together while putting pressure on the green; This rolls it into a nice tight cylinder. Don't be afraid if any falls out that's no big deal.

After you have it all compacted nice tuck the ungummed side tight and close to the filter and start rolling it together then just lick the gum and stick it. tap it on a desk or something to tamp everything down. Some people like to tie off the smoking end and wave it back and forth to make it tighter.

Sorry if that's hard to follow, it's a lot harder to type how to roll a joint then it is to roll one but as always practice makes perfect just chill for a bit and practice rolling you'll get it. I'm blazing my morning J as we speak good luck! :smoke:

17. I would say roll blunts until you are comfortable with rolling. Rolling blunts are extremely easy compared to joints, as you have both the blunt wrap and the leaf. Don't get too accustomed to rolling blunts though, i've already smoked ounces in a day because they are so deceiving when you're high.

18. correct

forget all that dollar bill and rolling machine shit
    you wanna be able to roll good joints
    it takes practice
    thats all there is to it

19. Maybe try bigger papers to help you out at first?