looks like zinc deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyllas, Oct 1, 2013.

1. #1 Cyllas, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    Ive looked at the plant abuse charts, and have narrowed it down to Zinc deficiency, Im wondering if maybe i just up the nutes in general i could correct? because i havnt nute burned them yet, so i have not hit their upper limit, should i try to increase dosage? on 1 or 2 plants to start, i have 8 currently.

My nute dosages is 5mL/Gal at the moment. im thinking its time to shoot up to regular strength veg dosage but idk

it is 20 days old today. 9/30/13

Water used was Distilled.

There is plenty of light around this plant, around 8 (6 6400k, 2 2700k) CFLS intertwined between my 8 plants, which are all of similar size to this one, all of which are 20 days old as well.

[​IMG]

its overwatered, or rootbound, i dont have an accurate way to test the pH, but the water and nute mix that goes into them does get pH'd using a GH liquid test vial thing.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? and how should i correct it, all the reasouces ive looked at just say to add a micro nutrient that has zinc, but thats so broad and generic i dont know what to do with it.

thanks for any and all help

2. #2 Cyllas, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    also for being 3 weeks old, why is my plant still only 2 inches tall? i know indicas are short but im looking at other 3 week plants and there like, huge compared to mine, but mine look pretty healthy so i dont get how i could be stunting growth

Also does 5mL/Gal sound like the correct conversion? the back of the Jungle juice says   132mL/100L, for general purpose mild, and for veg it says 396mL/100L, im going to start working my way up to the 396mL/100L

3. What is leading you to be concerned? Not sure what strain this is but other than perhaps being a lighter color not sure of the defect.

4. Your plant looks healthy to me. Don't over think it. Zinc deficiency, pretty rare. Even an expert would have a hard time diagnosing that. If you think you need micro nutrients, I recommend Azomite as it has it all.  Are you going to soil ? Are you in all perlite ? If in all perlite, fertilize full strength. That should green it up. If you are going to soil, now is the time to do it and that will green it up. Just needs a touch more nitrogen.

5. yea its all perlite, im going to up the dosage to full strength next time i water, which should be 2-3 days i think...i must have gotten really paranoid because of the leaves looking like they have lighter colored streaks or something on them...anyways if you guys say there is nothing to be worried about, im not gunna argue! :D

this is a bagseed, along with my other 7 because i assumed half or more would be male...no sex yet though but i will know within the next week, ill probaly start a grow journal i have pics from seedling so all i would have to do is organize it...

Yea screw it, ima get really high and make an awesome grow journal.