Looking to upgrade vapes

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Atticus00, Apr 6, 2013.

1. So I have been using an MFLB since August. It is okay I guess, does not get me as ripped as I had hoped it would but definitely saves me a lot of bud and gets the job done. But recently I smoked wax out of a vaporizer with these guys I met and it put me on a whole new level. Now I know I cant get as high on bud as I did with the wax, but ever since I smoked with them Ive been wanting to get a better vaporizer that will get me higher. I dont have a wax connect so I can only get a vaporizer that works with bud.

My question is what would be a good upgrade from the MFLB in terms of a vaporizer that will leave me way more ripped than the MFLB? Price range is not really a factor, just less than $350 or so. I would prefer portability but it is not necessary. Minimal smell (like the MFLB) is preferred but not necessary.

2. #2 Peeled Bananas, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Going to give you the rundown:

Arizer Solo

Pax by Ploom

Or a desktop.

It's up to you to do your homework on them, in the end only you really know what you is the best for you.

EDIT: I forgot to add that this is by no means a complete list. These are going to be the two most common suggestions.

3. Da Vinci will get you ripped and it portable for 200

4. Isn't the Da Vinci basically a slightly smaller solo with much worse battery power? That's what I've gotten from some of the review I've seen =p

5. I don't have much issue with my battery life at all but then again I only have a couple sessions a day and charge it after use but it has never died before getting me where I needed to be

6. You should try adding a whip to the mflb first. yesterday I made my own and it hits really hard now. clouds are look 5x thicker.

7. I think the MFLB can only be so powerful though. After what Ive been reading it seems like the entry level vaporizer to me and nothing more.

What Ive been reading about mostly is the Pax and the Arizer Solo. Im a little scared about how prone the Pax seems to be to malfunctions but the Solo doesnt seem to be portable enough to be worthwhile. I might as well get an at-home vape instead. I also looked into the DaVinci and Wispr but they dont seem as good. I wasnt a fan of the butane system in the wispr or reviews of the DaVinci.

Am I missing any others that are worth taking a look at? If not Im leaning towards the Pax.

8. You missed the Inhalater. :wave:

9. I feel almost the exact same way as you. I was mostly between the Pax and the solo, and I didn't like the idea of trying to shove the solo and its glass stem in my pocket. That left the pax. I know it's imperitave to clean it, but I'm not thrilled about all of the issues like the mouthpiece not fitting in, or not clicking out.

10. Still doubting myself here as well... Do I get a home vape (DBV) or an Arizer Solo. I KNOW both are worth my money basically but it's still a tough choice :hello: Either way I'll get one in the next couple of weeks\months :D

11. It's nice to have a vape you can take in the woods with you or on a trip, but the DBV is a lot more reliable (less things to break, the Solo is ran by a computer with sensors). I'd say get the home unit. :wave:

12. I've been using the Pax for a few.weeks now coming from the mflb and I love it. Especially if you have a busy life and just need a nice sesh virtually anywhere.
    batterylife on it is great.
    I treat it like a cell phone. Come home and drop it on the charger. Bring it everywhere with me. If I forget to charge it it'll still last another dday or two for me but Ive never had it run out on me.
    Some neat features on it.
    cleaning it is the.most downfall I've experienced so far. And even that isn't.too bad. 5 or 10 minutes at most every 2-3 days. Not ideal. But not a deal breaker for me.
    Design is great.
    It's a highly advanced mflb in a sense.
    The solo is more powerful. But lacks the ease of the Pax.
    I don't feel the Pax is pprices right.
    I only got mine because I bought it for 115 slightly used in my area.
    Goodluck.