Looking to upgrade led

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chowskie13, Apr 16, 2020.

1. I'm looking to get rid of my blurple (viparspectra 1200) and invest in a solid unit for my 4x4 now that I've got a couple grows under my belt. Great veg light but I struggle to pull a lb with 4 plants. Anyone know any good companies making leds (local or ship to Vancouver bc)... Been eyeing the lumagrow 800watt... Want something comparable to the new gravitas, I've looked at budget leds, quantum supply, green sunshine company... I'm after equal spread and no center hotspot. So either one unit like the gravita style or two rectangle units..

• Like Like x 1
  2. hlg is kinda the standard if not trying to go fluence or the like.. I am a fan of them for supplemental but I would not change out my HPS for it if it were free.. Others swear by the brand

3. That said i shoot for quality over quantity.. Led produces more per watt sure

4. Here's ye light. Cheap price good quality and you aint paying double for the big name brand.
    Check you journal to see em' in action.
    Since I went with the new lights, my production has almost doubled. I'm getting around 1.4 GPW and the best I ever did with HPS\MH was .83 GPW. I was skeptical at first but after the change, ain't no way I'll ever run HID stuff again.
    On a 4x4 tent, I'd put in 3 of those kits.
    www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kingbrite-2019-hot-sale-Samsung-lm301h_62123272895.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.18602fc2qE7cMN

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I’ve got 4 Qb96elite v2 lights in my 4x4 tent and they’re doing a damn good job. A little pricey and you’ll need to do some DIY, but well worth the investment of time and money.

Here’s where I went to research and learn more:

QB96ELITE V2 ***No BS, information only***
    QB96ELITE V2 ***No BS, information only***

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joe are they Pricey? They are 69 bucks in sad they are sold out i wanted to get 2 more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. Damn, yeah they are sold out - it's probably because of the discounted price at $69 - I got mine at the full $99!!!

Dunno how long till they're not sold out. I know that Soil2Coco has often contacted them and they've responded so I say if you're interested give them a shout and see what they have to say. If you ask nicely they may even allow you to pre-order at the $69 price!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the replies, that may be the better route building my own for way cheaper than 1000+$. I'll have to do some research ... Too bad those are sold out.. But 3 96watts? Is that enough to pull Atleast a lb minimum? I see now they have qb288's on sale for cheap from 250.. Thinking of grabbing 4. They're pretty small units eh..

• Like Like x 1
  9. That’s a crazy statement. think at some point in the past someone said “I would not change out my fluorescent bulbs for hps”.. lol
    Gotta keep up with the tech and honestly the price is the only con when comparing to hps..

10. I just wanna be able to pull atleast a lb especially if I'm only doing 2-3 runs a year.. Right now doing about 600watts of blurples from the wall.. A vipar 1200 and phlizon 600... Coverage is not the best if I get them 14" or less from plants... Units at like 20x20 and 6x14

11. Not the only con. I use and need the heat of my HID to maintain rooms in winter time..or else I'd need to add heat.
    I also get to use the extra heat of the 10k watts to help on heating the house.
    I can get the gavita 1700s for $700..however my buddy with 2 shops is sitting on 800 units of those gavitas and he still isn't using them on his grow of 40,000 watts..he doesn't believe they produce the same quality.. mainly density I believe.
    Anyways, price isn't only con for me, other thing I am not interested in doing is getting 3-4 lights to replace one..more maintenance, more space..I like only having to raise my 10 hoods compared to raising and lowering, adjusting power and whatever else is needed on led..not to mention it's still not possible to get a 1 for 1 swap. The big hlg and gavitas still don't seem to be capable of being just a 1 for 1 swap.
    Full running of my 8 flowering hoods I average 15-20 lbs of jarred flower along with quite a bit of small stuff that I use for hash..that's with about 3-4 week veg time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dont think its crazy.. There is more yield per watt in led but no ir and no heat.. No vibration given off which I think matters.. Not enough heat so i had to put a space heater in drawing 750 watts working half the time ergo losing the gains in electric use... And supplementing the sides with led for penetration has my yield at about .9 gpw with all my equipment running not just lights.. With led plus the heater around .8 gpw

• Like Like x 1
  13. To each their own and not knocking leds just dont believe they replace hid.. I am more about quality than quantity and stand by the ir, heat, and vibration add resin and terps.. My weeds better

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. also with hps needing replaced so often and led lasting so long id say in the long run led is cheaper.. My ooinion is if growing for quantity led all the way.. If quality then hid

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. amazing, I’m just imagining what you room looks like. You obviously got your shit down and dialled in. There are drawbacks at first and a learning curve for sure but I’m pretty sure leds will out preform, Expecially with a Watt for watt switch. Cause a lot 1000w replacements do just remind me of the blurple advertising(no 150w isn’t equal to 600 lol). everything I listen to and read sounds like led is the future. Im pretty sure that what all new commercial facilities go led.?

So maybe in your cases you need to wait abit more for newer tech. That being said those gativa 1700e seem to be the real deal. The only one I would say by reading about them you could do a 1-1 replacement. 1000w hps for like a 625w gavita. But the spread and 2.6 umol efficiency should do it.

I want them as my next try but there too expensive. I can’t believe you can get them for 700. I guess that still 7000 to replace yours :s
    But if I could get them at that price I’d buy 2 lol. (Maybe dm me your mates shop see if I can get a discount :D)

Oh and where opposite, I fight the heat most of the time so I was happy to see the back of hid..

• Like Like x 2
  16. there is more yield per watt because Leds use a watt more efficiently. Heat I’m seeing works both ways. Getting rid of the heat source was a top priority of mine. Leds are the future though.

Ir, heat, vibratinton? :roflmao:. I guess there’s also people that don’t believe the world is round, but guess what lol.

That is defiantly backwards lol. Led for quality..

All the time I reference led in talking top quality qb’s. Don’t compare to blurples or anything made past 2 years ago really..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. what is your budget? Better light better bud. More light more bud lol? (To an extent)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I run H LG LI d's for supplemental. You are welcome to disagree and welcome to think I'm funny. I will enjoy the extra Terps and resin while you are laughing.. Don't drink all the Kool aid man. Take a sip sure but put that cup down

• Like Like x 1
  19. I will say I do think it's funny that you think quality is improved by led. Read more stuff.. LeD in my opinion is about yield and electric efficiency. If you have heat problems LED will fix it sure but in my cold basement it has the opposite effect and can't believe you think the quality is better running under led but to each his own

• Like Like x 1
  20. I really can’t be bothered to get into it with another internet warrior. But yh I’m sure the horticulture industries new lighting tech is inferior to what we already use.
    Making a statement like you that You obviously need to do some research into light spectrums to see why leds will replace hid. Reduced Heat is just one of the major benefits to led.

End of the day, you do you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1