Looking to spend $25k-30k on sport car, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by DoblazE, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I've looked at those, really quick, faster then a M3 if you program the twin turbos. But I like the Challenger R/T or 5.0 Mustang... STAY AWAY FROM CAMARO's. Those things are just terrible. No features and bad reviews.

My friend has a Challenger with a couple bolt ons and it can bet a stock SRT-8. He let me drive it, SERIOUS torque. He says he makes around 450. His mom has a 5.0 he let me drive too. Not a lot of torque but still fast as hell. My friend raced a Camaro with me and 2 others in the back and of course the driver and he spanked the Camaro who floored it WAY early.

I also suggest STi, Infiniti G35 (which is what i'm looking at now or Mustang), or a G8 GT. O, can't forget the GTO also.

2. Challengers are badass, but don't exactly have the best handling in the world.

3. [​IMG]

OMG. Not 30k because of the rims but a nice stock black one is still mean as heck.

4. Cant believe people are recommending Mustangs and Challengers when OP clearly stated he was interested in Rally racing..

Get an STi man.. just do it and dont look back. You can thank me afterwards :wave:

5. Shit like this makes me very sad and elated at the same time that I never really got into cars in this way. They look so damn cool and fun, but I can be awful about spending money on recreational shit. Glass is enough for me X:

My friend in highschool had a sweet Supra I believe it was that we would ride around smoking bowls in the country in. (I'm the exact opposite of into cars, I'm 23 and I still drive to my dad's for him to change my oil).

6. BMW M3 e46 look it up if you are not familiar with that model.

The BMW 3 series line is one of the only cars at that level with a perfect 50-50 weight distribution. Fast as hell! My room mate has a supercharged e46 m3 and ever before he got it supercharged the thing ripped. The suspension, gearing breaks, cooling exhaust is all upgraded from the BMW 3 series line. Watch the top gear episode on the BMW M3 the inline 6 not the v8. Not that the V8 m3 isn't cool but for 23k you wont be getting a 2010 bmw.

BTW anyone who tells you to get a subaru inpreza wrx obviously hasn't seen the episode of top gear about it. The mitsubisi evo shits on the impreza sti wrx as far as rallying goes on a course. Not to say the Impreza sti wrx isn't a cool car just the evo proforms way better for your money, and thats what its all about isn't it?

7. I'd hunt out one of my favorite BMW's, an E30 M3.

[​IMG]

8. Is it just me, or does it seem like every single car suggestion thread, is filled with BMW's that the op doesn't want or cant afford. If I were you I'd probably go for an impreza, or a lancer if you can find one.

9. well the only way to go as a smoker is a nice bmw 318 or some 2.0L ...maybe a nice 520 check em out...fuckin mean things

10. I call BS.

Really another one of these threads? This is just stupid.

11. If you want to dominate in the twisties, get an import. If you want a truly bad ass car get a Challenger, R/T or above.

12. I have indeed seem the top gear episode where they compare the STi and the EVO. While the EVO does indeed beat the STi if they are both bone-stock, you have to take into account reliability. It's common knowledge that the turbos on EVOS go out at like 60,000 miles, and after that its all downhill. Sure, if you plan on replacing everything within 4 years, go for it.. but if you want some reliablity and a quick ass car, go Subaru.. and Im not just stating facts, I have 2 friends with STi's and one with an EVO.

Why BS? Its that uncommon for people to buy new cars? :confused:

13. Well, I've owned 2 BMW's and 3 Subaru's. I love them both.

Having said that...he could spend $25-30k on a Subaru or EVO that will be worth half that in a short number of years (even less if he modifies it).

OR, he could spend it on a classic BMW that will hold it's value (or continue to rise in value) assuming he takes good care of it and doesn't hack it to pieces modifying it.

Sorry for trying to give an opinion with his $$$ in mind. LOL

14. RX8, 370Z, Mustang GT (2011 Model). If I had to pick out of these 3, probably the 370Z. Good luck finding a good car man.

15. Although I'm not crazy about VW Styling, especially their ugly logo, I'd look into a used R-32. They are crazy fast and a real sleeper car. Not expensive to maintain like BMW's either.

16. ^This
    ^ or this

17. you guys are crazy. If he wants a drift car you think he wants a gti? if your going to buy a fast german fwd or awd car go for a b5 s4 there fast as hell. To be honest coming from a person with experience don't buy a german car unless it has low miles. There nice car's but you can't beat on them all the time without having to put another $500 into parts. The 350z you wont get more than 300rwhp out of unless you put in a turbo which will cost a ton of money. You can throw 5k into a 350z into performance parts and not make 300rwhp to all of the wheels, and then if you get a turbo your going to need to drop another 2k into pistions and rods to go about 370-390rwhp which isan't that satisfying once you realize you can get a lot more. The mk4 supra is a bomb choice! my favorite car. Don't go american gas is going to only go higher and your v8 isan't going to fit luxury to many people...STI or an EVO would be a good choice as well. The sti is more rally and evo is more street. As a daily driver there both euqally the same. I prefer the evo over the sti (although the new ones sound sick because they finally fixed the downpipe) if you want a rwd drift car for that price go supra if you can find one cheap enough. If you want to go awd s4,sti,evo

18. mazda's (besides the rx7) are the biggest piles. their unreliable, handle not that good, not fast at all, and most importantly they don't look appealing at all. The stang' gt is a annoying car, I had to use my co-workers for a week and he even had the 5.0 it was fun, but in 1 week I put $50 into gas for it...just driving to work and back. The 370z will be closer to 30-35k after tax and all of that, you might be able to find a g37 as well that would actucally be a little better (friend sold one right after upgraded rotors,SS brake line, and 30 way adjustable coilovers for 28k) go v6 man at the end of the day there a happy medium between speed (especially if you go and visit GTM) and good fuel eco

19. QFT all my BMW's held its value great compared to my Ford and EVO.

TO THE OP: I would look at a used 335 like an 08' you can find one for 30k with 22k miles. Just gotta look around. Get it certified pre owned from BMW and have 100k warranty.

20. Just cause I can afford a average new car in a appropriate average range
    automatically made this thread bullshit? Haha, nah man.. :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE AMAZING HELP GUYS! Forgot about this thread..
    I bought myself a brand new 2012 Kawasaki KLR650 and it runs like a dream..
    Got skid plates, cylinder guards, new seat, custom exhaust (after rejetting the carb),
    cage guards, gps/phone mount, etc. etc. I LOVE IT! Fits perfect for my back-country needs
    while traveling at a whopping 55mpg (51 realistically after all my modifications).

I honestly, was NOT expecting to purchase a dual sport/motorcycle after wanting a car/rally project..

I still have my S13! I'll post pics later of both my babies :')