Looking to make some home made stuff

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Viewtifreak, Mar 24, 2009.

1. I wanted to make some cool home made stuff like a lot of the bongs and bubblers and multiple chambers I've been seeing on here, but I had a few questions.

1. A good bowl to use? I hear sockets are good but the one I have and tried gives the weed a bad after taste.

2. Downstem? I used metal pens in the past but perhaps there's something better.

3. Plastic Bottles: Are some more heat resistant than others? If there's a specific type of bottle you like, please post a pic or a link to a pic as well.

4. Sealant: What do you use for a seal? A hot glue gun is probably a bad idea, and I don't like the way tape makes it look. I wanna make something relatively nice looking.

5. If going for glass, what all would I need for making holes in the glass? I hear a dremmel kit is a good idea.

6. What would the approximate cost be if I wanted to gather all the supplies to make this?

7. Are there any final tips that you could give on making a tighter seal or just making it any more bad ass?

Thanks for any help in advance! If all goes well I will come back to this thread later and have something made to show you all. Also if anyone wants to show me some of their stuff to give me ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again dudes! I look forward to hearing some of your expert smoker advice! :hello:

2. Look in my sig.

3. Thanks....but I'd like anyone who can answer my questions specifically, and a lot of those ideas sound bad or gross D: No offence

4. 1. A good bowl to use? I hear sockets are good but the one I have and tried gives the weed a bad after taste.

-Try cleaning it a little better? The ones I use taste fine.

2. Downstem? I used metal pens in the past but perhaps there's something better.

-Usually an all metal Zebra pen will work, other than that a real downstem would work best.

3. Plastic Bottles: Are some more heat resistant than others? If there's a specific type of bottle you like, please post a pic or a link to a pic as well.

-Look for something thick, like [​IMG] this.

4. Sealant: What do you use for a seal? A hot glue gun is probably a bad idea, and I don't like the way tape makes it look. I wanna make something relatively nice looking.

-I cut my holes so its a little smaller than the width of the downstem, just force it in and it will be airtight.

5. If going for glass, what all would I need for making holes in the glass? I hear a dremmel kit is a good idea.

-Diamond tip, get a cheap one, any hardware store.

6. What would the approximate cost be if I wanted to gather all the supplies to make this?

-Under fifteen almost anytime you make a nice homemade.

7. Are there any final tips that you could give on making a tighter seal or just making it any more bad ass?

-Cut the hole small, force downstem in causing it to be completely airtight, or use a glue gun.

5. Thanks dude O_O Some really good tips there. I didn't realize you could get an air tight seal without a sealant.

6. Remember to clean the socket with at least 91% rubbing alcohol. They are treated with oils that are harmful to inhale.

7. Oh snap dude, I didn't know that O_O Thanks for the tip

8. yeah, if you cant get the seal right without using something as a sealant i suggest a piece of gum wrapped around the base of the stem where it connects. It may not be the prettiest, but you can cover it up with something, and when it dries its def airtight and wont be sticky anymore.

9. search homemade.

LOTS of tutorials.

10. But I don't want tutorials...I was asking specific questions :(