Looking to make small business scale extracts at home and am wondering if this will do?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Mauwie420Wauwie, May 30, 2019.

1. I have some autoflowers thatll be done in July I believe maybe I can experiment with those but until then I have a ton of this trim that something needs done with it

2. I am I go overboard with everything I do I have tents and quantum boards and the whole 9 yards basically but I'm n00b and its frustrating I like easy solutions I dont have anyone to talk to and 99% of the time I can never get the answer to my questions or at least not enough information most people drop a sentence or two and disappear forever

3. Okay, so buy a case of whit-it, a glass blast tube and keep trying to make 1-3 g at a time until you can make something you like. If not you will just be in the same boat, out 6K and with a bunch of wasted trim. Truly not trying to be mean but if you can't make 1g you cant make more than 1g.

4. Show me what I need I'll try it:love-m3j: what would you recommend

5. This is what I use:

Tube- mine are made by a local blower but this looks good:
    Professional Grade BHO Glass Extractor Tubes

Filters:
    This:

Followed by two or 3 cheap unbleached (aka brown) coffee filters.

Gas, no exceptions for me from where I order, amazon has fakes:
    Whip-It! Premium Butane 420ml Box

For purge:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-Grill-Griddle-Cooking-System-3-in-1-Skillet/768301198

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AcuRite-Meat-Instant-Read-Thermometer/14913174

Put the thermometer in the water of the water bath. Water temp should never pass 155 F. Purge until it is done, don't touch it at all. Be safe. You are working with flammable gas and this is really unsafe if done wrong. At least be sure to do it away from other people and have a fire extinguisher. Unlesss you have a lab, BLAST OUTSIDE!

6. Well the website is outta whip it so I have to order from Amazon

()

I already have a similar griddle and my IR thermometer should be ok otherwise I have a digital meat thermometer. I still feel even a small vacuum pump would save me from whipping it all day but idk where to start with that that's why I buy expensive stuff so it's nice and just works lol thanks for the info

7. Maybe not that's gonna take at least a week from Amazon better off just waiting

8. Call whip-it and ask them. Amazon has lots of whip it refiled with other shit butane

9. Fancy restaurants use heaps of this stuff. Lots of extracts go into those fancy infused foams also catters have to use food grade butane in torches. It actually hard to get this stuff.

10. #51 ZeusMan, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    The issue with Vac is this. Unless you get lab vac oven with temp control how are your going to heat that to an accurately controlled temp? If you are going to Vac, then yes you do need to spend money on lab equipment but then you are back where we started.

To make translucent shatter you need pure unadulterated and undamaged THC. Too much heat and you damage it. Too little and it doesn't purge b/c the oil is so thick the gas vapor is trapped inside. The heat is 100 time more important than the vac in the purge. How are you going to regulate heat in that container?

FYI shatter still sells for good money b/c most people can't make it. The margin for error is very thin.

If you want cheap practice try making caramel (the food). It is like kindergarten level hash making

• Like Like x 1
  11. Now I feel like were back at the beginning, so closed loop extractors will not produce a higher return percentage over open blasting then? That was the whole reason I wanted to was to get a higher return percentage and to do it faster

12. You said you wanted improved quality, Im telling you 100% a vac wont improve your quality. You may not even have a product that is capable of making shatter. You may have already damaged the THC in your trim too much. Do you understand even the basics of chemistry, like what a crystal form of a compound is? It the difference between a diamond and charcoal.

13. Right, I need better material I understand which I can get better material it just costs more, what do you think you could make with what I have pictured. I'm just trying to find the most cost effective solution and time is money. The stuff here only costs $900 for 500-525 grams and no it's not brick it was just vac sealed. And I understand it might seem expensive to you but for Ohio where I'm at it's pretty damn good price I think about a third is trim and crap but the rest is just trim nugs.

14. If you use really good butane, then winterize it (whole lot more equipment) you can make BHO oil. If this trim has already been keif boxed you can make nothing with it.

15. What do you mean like a bubble box? Idt it was I mentioned something about making bho and he said it'd make some premo erl

16. Read this thread and follow this process if you are dead set of vac. Just know you are still talking 48 hr min to purge after winterization and you need pure ethanol

Winterizing/ De-Waxing Bho (My Method)

BHO takes time and chemistry

17. That takes me back to the closed loop extractor then it comes with a 450 gram dewaxing column. So what I do have posted would be everything needed to run my original plan then correct? It's just gonna be really expensive but I think I will be ok if I can get at least 15% after removing the trims and crap.

18. Dude you aint getting 15% lol Good luck