Looking to make small business scale extracts at home and am wondering if this will do?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Mauwie420Wauwie, May 30, 2019.

1. That looks nice man but how long is it gonna take to make large batches? I need ounce slabs and I'm not super patient lol I wanna produce stuff like this forbidden fruit, it was soo tasty 20190405_220253.jpg

2. You need large surface area blast tray with PTFE film to cover it. Honestly if you cant make it in small batches, with 6k of fancy equipment your are just going to make a lot more of the same bad product.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BHO is really highly dependent on the gas and purge process. Buying a vac oven before you can make good BHO is like buying a Ferrari before you know how to drive

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought the point of the vacuum oven was to purge and make a more pure end product?

5. Same with the closed loop extractors, arent they supposed to catch more contaminants? I'm sure you're running better flowers than I since mine are imported from California and it's just the trimmings and not grown here, yet.

6. Closed loop will decrease environmental contaminants but if your butane is bad it will still contaminate your hash. Butane + whatever other contaminants get stuck in the hash. Then you purge them out. Butane is relatively easy to purge, it has a super low boiling point. Still it take hours and heat to purge. Other contaminants do not. Most other substances have a boiling point ABOVE THC so you will never be able to purge them without ruining your hash. Nothing ruins hash faster than bad quality solvents.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So basically this equipment would just save me a ton of time then and I could do the same thing without it is what you're getting at

8. Yes and also that equipment wont fix any of the problems your are currently having. It will just make those problems happen faster.

I seen tons of vac purged, poop soup crumble in dispensaries. Also nasty black contaminated shatter. A vac should be the last thing you buy when you already know what you are doing and are trying to expand and speed up your already perfect process.

Closed loop BHO is mostly about trying not to blow yourself up but is more dangerous if you dont fully understand it. closed loop CO2 is about keeping it environmentally friendly.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Well the oven would turn it to shatter wouldnt it if it was purified more?

10. No, you will get harder poop soup

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shatter = good product + good butane + perfect purge. Without any one of those 3 ingredients you will fail. You can't compensate for bad butane with a vac chamber

12. I don't get it I'm not using shitty butane I've literally used the same stuff you've showed me what's gonna make shatter then I don't want budder or anything like that besides having to wait a day for one batch at a time I need more it's not just for personal consumption

13. So the product that I have listed won't make shatter?

14. I've never tried running really nice buds

15. You are probably using bad initial product, bad filter on the end of you tube or getting it too hot then. The vac wont change that. Shatter require a large clean room with even heat across the surface. Large batch BHO is hard to make. If you cant make super fine small batch you definitely cant make large batch BHO

16. Okay then you really need to try that before you try vac chambers.

17. I dont have nice enough buds to run like that all the time

18. That was the point of the vac oven

19. That is a totally different issue... time to start growing some.