Looking to improv during flower.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by J&Jfarms, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Then i will have to look into that in the future..

I need to run side by side comparisons.

2. I'm trying to remember who is already doing this. I wanna say it's GrowMuau5, and the results speak for themselves. Follow him on IG, you'll see it

3. Sounds good

4. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

5. Yeah, well the bone meal is $18.75 for 20 lb and I have a decent amount of container plants and garden and 20# just barely lasts for a season. That's just my financial reality. If I could afford it, I'd use it for sure.

6. Gotta do what you gotta do...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Was this you first round with no till? It does get better with subsequent grows. I'm in 15's what I started doind 2 runs ago was add 2cups kelp, 1/2 cup crab meal, 1TBS eggshell powder and 1TBS alfalfa. I grind all that up as fine as I can get it and scratch it in the surface. I do this at chop/transplant it's seemed to stop my premature yellowing. I run perpetual with little veg time. Not saying it's the answer but it seems yo be working for me. I don't think any inputs we add are immediately available. And you have to remember you aren't feeding the plant, your feeding the soil.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

8. Listen to MidZone. I also worship at the temple of Mammoth P. Pics are start of week 5. 10 plants in an 8x10.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks guys. Well for now im going to try the bone meal and sea bird gauno.

And yes my soil is still young.

10. Get the mammoth p. & another thing I love to use that works just as good is "Monsta Bud"

11. Now you guys are getting off topic of orgaincs. Im trying to stay away from bottles. I know ful power is bottle but still. Less bottles the better

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hydroponic grower here. It's worth using either bottle man

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. I'd bet your seeing more of the benefits of the triacontanol in the alfalfa.

MammothP
    Bacterial culture (1%), pelletized alfalfa (2%), water (97%)

I'll run is anyday vs MP. I got water.

5gallons h20
    1cup alfalfa
    1/4cup kelp meal
    Bubble 24hrs, strain
    Add 1-1/4 cup aloe

Water in or foliar

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Yup!

And as Ficky pointed out, IDK the cost of MammothP, but a 50lb bag of Alfalfa pellets is a whopping $14.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. If I was forced to run 20g pots, I would think twice about no-till. I would add dry amendments and re-mix my soil every run.
    Just me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Whats wrong with my 20 gallon pots? I think its possible to get life going in there. Might be a lil harder but i think it can be done

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 20gal is fine for no-till. It's what I am currently using. I would suggest running CO2 if you want bigger yields. Mammoth P is great stuff, as is Recharge and Budswel. But if you want to stay away from pricy inputs then I would suggest sticking to kelp/neem tea once a month, Malted Barley Grain teas weekly, and compost teas with a large amount of banana peels (organic). Banana peels contain Phosphorus, Calcium, and Potassium. Plus has proteins that enhance flavor. Google banana peel tea.

Read Teaming with Nutrients and Teaming with Microbes if you haven't already. Will help you get a good understanding of how plants uptake and use nutrients. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks.

My room is not sealed so co2 would be pointless.

Yeah im not into expensive bottles. Im over that kind of stuff. I have bought plenty of bottles in my left.

I got some seabird guano im going to add to the mix during flower. Maybe a neem/kelp/sea bird guano tea during flower.

• Like Like x 1
  19. To me the no till system is nothing more than raised bed gardening with a Ruth Stout mulch layer.

It shouldn't need Tibetan Purple Barley seed, fulvic acid, Mammoth P, Budswel, banana peels, seabird guano, Recharge, etc. etc.

Myself personally, I don't want to deal with all that shit. Although, it most certainly can be accomplished.

I prefer to allow the plant to take what it wants from the soil and leave the rest behind. So simple...it's almost like nature intended for it to be this way.

There is also the added benefit of not supporting unsustainable practices that wars have been fought over.

The bottled nutrient industry is a hoax, a sham, a scam. Whatever you want to call it. No matter who is selling you the bottle or what's in it.

And all of this...is just like my opinion, man.

RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. What about all in one dry organic fetilizers like tomato tone or down to earth. Those should give you a little bit of everything you need. You won't break the bank with that.

• Like Like x 1