looking to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by scoobies, Nov 27, 2010.

1. i've been doing my research, currently i'm up to date with the laws and consequences in my state - no lecture needed. i'm looking to grow just one (indoors) for personal use, i'm pretty much fed up with the price i pay and the high i get (if any).

so basically i just need a quick run down on the supplies i need.
    where should i purchase seeds? i will most likely do a prepaid visa purchase online, so what's a trustworthy/reasonably priced site?
    what kind of lights do i need?
    is it true i should soak my seeds in distilled water over night before i plant?
    if i decide to grow it in my closet am i going to need to ventilate it somehow?
    do i need to be picky about the container i plant into?
    how often should i water?
    and finally will my plant require any fertilizer, if so which is best?

didn't realize just how many questions i needed ironed out until now.
    thanks in advance fellow stonies.

2. Did you not scroll down? There's an entire section for everything about growing.

3. i didn't, i'm an idiot, thanks though

4. Hey man, check out the forums. Theres plenty of information on anything you'll need to grow. There are many options though, and we don't know what would best suit you, so you'll need to determine the materials that would work optimally with your specific room. Growing is a huge dedication, and you should know whats happening in your box before you dive in. Read read read, the information is here :hello:

5. ive been reading and doing a bit of research on everything, its a lot to take in, however i feel as though what im reading is being addressed to growing multiple plants. im lookign to grow one, soo for instance does one plant still need a ton of ventilating? fertilizer? etc.. if these are dumb questions bare with me

6. I'm right there with you, I just want one plant... BUT if we do just grow one, that's a one time harvest .. I'm considering SOG (Sea of green, rotating harvests) but before you can get just one plant you will have to grow several (I mean, I guess you could just grow one at a time..) because what if you just grow one then it's a male? Shit, gotta wait the whole time to sprout, vegetate, grow etc another one so in the mean time you'll have to grow several then if you have a female you can kill the others, then you've got your one plant, but before that happens you'll have several so plan for having several.

Make sense? :confused:

7. if there is something that i learned while growing is that dont do it just because you want to save money but do it because you like to grow because if you do it only to save money you will never get the true potential out of your ladies

8. Or scroll up? Right here in this Beginners forum are a bunch of sticky threads, they are the source for answers to basic questions, provided even before you thought to ask them.

And I don't really understand what growing only one plant has to do with anything. Does one plant need as much ventilation as six? No, but that isn't the point -- the point is that it does need ventilation. And ferts. And everything that each plant in a larger-scale grow would get, you still need to provide in a single-plant grow.

9. I grow in a closet using CFLs, but thats me....read a few grow journals as well as reading stickeys