Looking to Grow Need Advice.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Czoverton24, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Alright ive been doing alot of reading on here but it seems everyone has different opinions.

Im looking to grow in a small closet, Kinda on a budget but could spend money if I need to.

What would be a growers checklist.

What Soil To use?

What Lights to use Ive heard different stories of CFLs, Florescents etc.

Again Sorry for making a thread like this but I read way too many opinions need people who have had positive results to give me advice much appreciated.

2. #2 RooRgle, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    This is what I use....I grow in two smaller sized cabinets...I can fit 3 two gallon pots in one (I use smart pots, check them out, gives the roots some oxygen, they can grow outside of the material so they will never overgrow your pot, and they drain SUPER easy), and 1 two gallon and 1 one gallon pot in the other.

My lighting is 6 CFL's all around 36-50 watts in the one cab, and in my bigger cab I have 3 T'5 bulbs and 5 CFL's, again all 36-50 watt range. The cab with the most lights has the most ventilation, because as you probably know MJ grows best in temps no higher than 85 degrees and no lower than 70 or so...that optimal temps, when the lights are off in my closet and during the winter my boxes go as low as 50, but that happens rarely.

For soil I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest, I use that for everything, my seedlings and my matured plants. People say to use something else for the seedlings, a softer medium, something will little to no perlite in it, but so far I've NEVER had a problem.

For my nutes I use the Fox Farms Trio, (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom) I follow the FF feeding schedule to a T for the most part, I also use Dutch Masters Penetrator/Saturator, which is a foliar feed, I spray that on around week 3-4 or so, basically when the plants are strong enough to take in nutes (I spray Dutch Masters till around the 3rd week or so of flowering), I use Humbold Country Gravity and Purple Max, the Gravity makes the buds very very dense (some people like that others don't) I use the Purple Max to help promote purple buds in purple gene strains, as well as to sugar up my buds, last but not least I use molasses, it's $3 and I swear it gives my girls much more flavorful buds (some people agree, others do not), I use 1tbs-2tbs when the plant is in flower, I use it till I flush my plants the last two weeks till harvest.

When your done flowering be sure to pick up a mini microscope to check your trichomes (tiny mushroom like heads on the buds), clear comes first, you want to see cloudy/amber buds, cloudy will give you that heady stoney high, where as a lot of amber could give you that couch lock "ohh fuck I;m blazed off my shit" high.

I don't know if you wanted all this info or not, but I figured I'd share my routine when growing bud. Ohh, and I'm at work bored as shit.

EDIT: Hey, if you want you can check out my grow...everything is drying now, but I pretty much go into everything I talked about here. More in depth about my nutes and soil and shit. Two of my girls died since I had to leave my apartment due to a family emergency, that sucked, but I was able to save the other three and they look/smell AMAZING. Check it out...http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...press-strawberry-diesel-blue-mystic-grow.html

Cost for a package of CFL's would be $30 (thats 5 26 watt 6000k lights for veg..as you know you'll need 2700K CFL's or T5's whichever to flower the plant..so more like $60 for lights, give or take)
    Fox Farm Nute Trio + or - $65
    Humbold Gravity around $30
    Humboldt Purple Max also $30 or so (and fairly small bottles, but since the shit is so poten you don't have to use much...I only use 1/8 in the water instead of 1 teaspoon it's so strong, same goes for gravity)
    FFOF Soil for a big bag about $40
    Dutch Masters Penetrator $30 or so
    Dutch Masters Saturator again $30 or so

Not cheap, but you won't need to buy the nutes for awhile..soil will be the only regular purchase, depending on the size of your pots for each grow.

3. Thanks you for all that info much appreciated. How much do think those CFL's, Soil and Nutes will cost all together? Don't feel like looking it up =p.

4. I answered this question at the bottom of my original post, idk why. Haha

5. If your doing soil soil I'd use fox farm ocean forest