Looking to get started.. 400w system

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jaygrass, Jan 31, 2011.

1. i want to begin my own small grow for personal. looking at a cheap 400w system from htg to start and was wondering what you guys think about this system.

HTG Supply - HTGSupply 400 watt High Pressure Sodium Grow Light

i have a 4x4 space almost like a custom tent and was wondering about ventilation and what i would need in that. was also wondering about the number of plants i should use. i dont want to veg for too long. reason for this is because i would like to have different mother/veg and flowering rooms in the future but if its better to have just a couple plants with a little longer veg i will sacrifice. tell me what you think.

2. Get an air cooled unit.

Cooltubes are cheap, light and they work.

3. Would the temps get hot enough in a 4x4x7 space with just one 400w? I was looking at a 4" carbon filter and fan combo. How powerful should my fan be?

4. Do the math.

400watt in a confined space will get pretty warm.

Search the forum for build room advice.

IMO. Do your homework and if you can, vent your heat and stink as different items and don't mix the two.

I get 6 plants under my 400w rig.

5. Thanks for the advice.

I am going to upgrade my hood to air cooled. I'm a little confused on how to vent tho. Should I buy 2 inlines one for the hood and one for the filter or jus use one fan for everything.

Also how long did you veg for with 6 plants and what kind of yield was produced?