Looking to get into Cannabis Cultivation as a Career

Discussion in 'General' started by williamfgrady, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Hello all-

I know this might not be the right place for this type of posting, but I am eager to get my foot in the door of this growing and ever-so rewarding industry.
    I was attracted to this industry when I found Cannabis to be beneficial in treating my depression and anxiety, and then I fell in love when I began growing. Seeing this plant benefit so many people makes growing so rewarding!

For the past two years I have been cultivating for my own medical uses and have been learning as much as I could along the way. I even "graduated" from Cannabis Training University online with a certification in cultivation.
    However, when applying for cultivation positions I am often times denied due to my lack of "commercial cultivation experience" dealing with 100s of plants. On top of that, being in the Midwest, there isn't much of a legal market here.

With that being said, I am looking for advice on HOW to get my foot in the door of this industry? I am confident that I have the skill and knowledge to be a great grower, but I do not know where to start?
    I am more than willing to relocate for work. At this point in time I am looking for a job as a farmhand in any legal market.

I'd be more than happy to forward my resume to anyone who feels they might be able to help!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Being in a legal state might help a little bit