Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking to gain some insight, unable to find any elsewhere!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by saturnmoonmars, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Hi all,

I am a 20F who has been consuming cannabis for 4+ years, and on a daily basis for 2+ years. Preferred method is through concentrate pens, but I also smoke flower a once or more per week. I live in an illegal state, but am careful to try and trace where my bud comes from and will usually not partake unless I know the strain.

Recently, I have been getting a markedly difference experience when partaking. Beginning around a month ago (late February/early March) I began experiencing full body shakes, racing heartbeat, and stomach discomfort when hitting my pen/other pens/smoking flower. The physical sensation is accompanied by extreme anxiety (as could be expected!) and I classified it as a panic attack. My history of anxiety should be noted, but is almost confusing as I had been intentionally using cannabis to ease my anxiety since 2016.

These "attacks" last for 20-30 minutes after the initial consumption- they begin with a racing heartbeat, my face becomes hot, and I can judge the midway point based on when my body begins shaking. I feel odd- I am scared that I will throw up, but have never vomited from cannabis. Sometimes, I will have diarrhea- but I believe it is just from my stomach cramping out of fear. I thought it was possible that I was greening out, but I have the same intense effect whether I take 1 hit or 5.

My initial reaction was to try and find existing literature that may explain what's happening to me. There is none- if anything, scientists have indicated that the correlation between anxiety and cannabis is more positive than negative. I stopped for 9 days- smoking CBD when I felt cravings- and after hitting my #1 anxiety strain only one time, experienced the same symptoms. I don't know what's going on. I don't know what to do. Cannabis has historically been a lifesaver for me- it has helped me coexist with my anxiety ever since I tried it. It feels like a switch has flipped, and I'm not sure what the trigger was- if there was a trigger. I don't know how to fix this- it's very difficult to explain to people what's been happening, because no one has ever heard of this before.

Here's my question- has anyone heard of this before? Does it have a name, or any relevant research? Are there any actions I can take (besides quitting marijuana forever) that could alleviate these symptoms? If I should take a tolerance break...how long should I take it for? Living in an illegal state is tough...perhaps someone with more insight could enlighten me :)

Thanks in advance- I look forward to reading what people have to say, because I'm absolutely out of ideas!

2. Speak with your physician... take care of yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As the THC content gets higher and the CBD ratio drops it's becomes a more jittery, THC heavy high and I suspect that is what you and many other people are having issues with.
    I find it myself when I dab with my neighbor. Much of his dab goods are listed as 90% THC and zero CBD.

My own homegrown doesn't cause me any issues and all my primary meds are made from what I grow and turn to Kief for edible oil. So we know it's what he is buying at the dispensaries.
    Try mixing some high CBD strains with what your smoking and see if that helps ease the side effects your experiencing. Smelling some freshly ground black pepper can help take the edge off for some users.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You said your preferred method are concentrate pens. Being in an illegal State there is a good chance the cartridges you are using could be fake and making you sick. There are so many going around. Do you have a pic of what you're using?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Have you tried taking a very small amount? Getting only a mild buzz may help. If you still have problems maybe it's time to give it up for a time. It doesn't sound as if you're enjoying it anyway so you shouldn't have a problem leaving it alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mj does make some ppl get hypertension