Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking to buy a vaporizer, could use some suggestions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fuzzums, Aug 23, 2008.

1. I'm in the market for a vaporizer and I'm a first time buyer. I'm looking to spend at most $200 on it, not including any extras. After doing some research, I've more or less settled on a Da Buddha. However, I'm still open to getting a different vaporizer.

What accessories would you recommend getting along with the vaporizer? I was considering getting a wand and a mouthpiece, to make it more individualized (and prettier), but, again, I'm not sure.

I'm also considering buying a four piece grinder and maybe a pollen presser to make hash from the kief. The grinder I'm using now is just a plain wooden grinder with the metal pegs coming out and it doesn't do the best job. Would I be better off getting the one from the site or getting one from GC?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. A good grinder is a must for vaping. Honestly tho, I'd reccomend investing in a Volcano. Try and find one on e-bay if you don't want to spend the money for a new one. NOTHING beats the volcano.

3. I've seen some comparisons between Volcano, Silver Surfer, and Da Buddha, and they've all said that SSV and DB are both just as good as a Volcano. Oh, and in case anyone else missed it...

4. Look into a vapor brothers vape, its about $160 for the hands free model. They sell them on the VaporWarehouse site, with upgrades for like 10-15 bucks.

For a grinder i recommend looking on ebay, Sharpstone, and Space case 's are the popular ones on there, for $20 you can get a 4-piece sharpstone, i have one it works great. They sell pollen presses on there too.

5. As far as sub-$200 vapes go, the most popular is the Vapor Bros. by far, but you may want to take a look at the much cheaper "manual" pipe vaporizers, the VaporStar and the VaporGenie. They use different but similar methods of heating the bowl to vaporization temperatures with a lighter rather than a heating element, by buffering or spreading the heat with an interface material. I just ordered a VaporStar last night, so I'll post more about it when it arrives and I'll probably pick up a VaporGenie in a couple weeks just because I want to compare the two. What's interesting about the VaporStar is that the bowl and heat spreader are available separately and the bowl is designed specifically to fit in bongs that use 14.5mm openings, so I'll have to try out that feature too.

One thing I like about the pipe vaporizers is that there's no waiting for the heating element to warm up. You just load the bowl, grab your lighter and go.

6. id go with the vaporbros handsfree. never heard of dah buddah befor tho
    sounds weird though

if you want a portable vaporizer check out the vaporgenie
    ive neard nothing but good things

as for a grinder id go with a four piece sharpstone
    a little on the expensive side but totally worth it
    grinds shit up nice
    sharpstone also makes a press but i dont thinks its worth it

you can make one yourself theres a guide
    just search diy kief press

7. Da Buddah is pretty much the same thing as the Silver Surfer vaporizer. I'm pretty sure it's made by the same company.

8. Check out the VaporWarez VaporCannon...same thing as VaporBrothers but longer warrenty. Also comes with an aerospace grinder and scale on eBay for $139 & it's the hands free unit.

9. if u want somthing you can carry to your friends house or somthing, vapor genie is a must. easy to carry, its small, and its very conivent

10. I've tried several vaporizers but am most comfortable and happy with the control you have with the hits on the Vapor Brothers. I've used one for 4 years and everyone I've introduced to it loves it.

The best thing about them is that when your whip and glass piece gets all cloudy with that golden-brown vape-material, scrape it and vape it and you'll make you're herb last much longer! It is super potent. You can even smoke it if you want. Much better than scraping resin!

***Buying a vaporizer and want a FREE GRINDER? Use referral code 842270 at vaporwarehouse. com***

11. Recently got the Vaper Brothers Hands Free off ebay for $140, best money I have ever spent, this vaporizer gets me ripped on a .2 gram pack. I save so much weed using this its amazing.

12. Not true. Vapor brothers comes with lifetime service/replacement.