Looking to buy a longboard

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Maximuss, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Man deff get a landyatcz. Best board iv ever used. I'd recommend a twin tip vs a pintail. Iv had one of both from them and the twin is a whole lot better. Also great customer service. Friend broke the pintail and send me a nicer one

2. Sector 9's blow.

I would honestly sell you a Original Apex 34 with orig trucks and 70 mm wheels, ABEC 7 bearings for $100.

I bought it for $200 new.

3. Whoa brand new? I'LL BUY IT!

4. originalskateboards.com

Best you can get my man.

5. Cept for their trucks, I mean they are great and all when you first get them especially because they are so different but if you are a hardcore longboarder.. the bushings will end up breaking after awhile.
    That's just my opinion though, their trucks are definitely not a beginners truck.
    It's great that they offer legit trucks now such as Randals and Bears though.

As for their decks, agreed! :smoke: I have a freeride 41 coming in, since my custom 35 broke.. twice. (They don't sell it anymore because of all the complaints, it was probably their worst engineered board)

6. No its used but still in good condition

7. Tell me what king of riding you want to do and I'll actually be able to help. And don't go with an original if you aren't getting a board with their trucks. If you want one of them go with an Apex 37.

8. Iv got the sidewinder trucks drop mounted in a sector nine and Its fucking great. I really like how well it handles tight yet it's still pretty low. I had a dregs too that was pretty nice but didn't even come close on handling. Im just starting out at long-boarding tho

9. Sector 9 is the only way to go. Best quality boards and they are extremly durable. Many different varities and different wheel grip levels.

10. [quote name='"DankMedical"']

No its used but still in good condition[/quote]

Can you post pics? I might buy it no joke, I could always use an apex

11. Sector 9 isn't high quality it just isnt absolute shit. If you want downhill make sure you get a good pair of trucks Randall II's or Bears. Get bigger wheels (70mm+) and get a deck low to the ground

12. Go to silverfishlongboarding.com it's a longboarding forum, you can find what kind of board/wheels/trucks you'll need there. I got an earthwing superglider, Indy 169s , sabre bushings and 80a zigzags, and it was all under 200$....best feeling setup I've ever had too.

13. [quote name='"Danonymous"']Go to silverfishlongboarding.com it's a longboarding forum, you can find what kind of board/wheels/trucks you'll need there. I got an earthwing superglider, Indy 169s , sabre bushings and 80a zigzags, and it was all under 200$....best feeling setup I've ever had too.[/quote]

This, this is great advice. That site will be able to tell you what's good and what's not just by reading some of the posts. And to the person I quoted that board spuds great. Earthlings are sick

14. Nobody hopped on the Rayne Train? I love my Rayne Hellkat. Bear Trucks, some Monster Hawgs and a nice pleasure dome/W concave on the deck.

Like forreals I love it. Not a huge fan of drop decks, but a HUGE fan of drop-through decks.

15. [quote name='"Daerth182"']Nobody hopped on the Rayne Train? I love my Rayne Hellkat. Bear Trucks, some Monster Hawgs and a nice pleasure dome/W concave on the deck.

Like forreals I love it. Not a huge fan of drop decks, but a HUGE fan of drop-through decks.[/quote]

Rayne makes good boards for downhill & freeriding, but there are much better options for just cruising and getting around like the OP wants

16. got this stella longboard over the summer for $110 in hilton head island, south carolina. it rides really smooth and it's good quality. i would definitely recommend looking in to these.

Attached Files:

17. My Hellcat is my favorite board :) I rock Big Zigs RII's and venom eliminators though haha but I didnt reccomend Rayne because theyre expensive.

18. Get the sector 9 aperture I have it and it's really good

19. i have an arbor koa blunt and its perfect for me. its stiff and high off the ground with big wheels which makes it excellent for bombing fast, and its 46 inches long which gives it that nice surfboard feel. super smoothe. feels like ridin a cadillac. i also recoomend the 46 inch arbor pintails. i have the blunt cus i like using the tail sometimes, but the pintail is also awsome.