Looking to buy a longboard

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Stay_Classy, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Any suggestions?

Lookin for one thats good for just cruising,

2. i suggest getting a legendary gnome(26 inch long) or a flexdex slalom 30 (30 inch long). they are pretty affordable and ride well. flexdex also sells blemished boards (might have some scratches, nothing huge or anything) that sell cheaper. flexdex are pretty much wont break (cars that run it over wont break it) and there are videos on youtube that show it. if you are over 220 lbs, i think you would prefer the legendary.

3. Im way under 220.Weight isnt really an issue.

How about landyachtz boards? I know someone that has a Landyachtz Cruiser and it rides pretty smooth, but I cant really compare it to anything so for all I know it could be a shitty one.

Its good to see someone recommend something that isnt a sector 9. Those are all I hear about and they just arent my style and the online reviews say theyre kinda cheap....

But anyway thanks, Ill check those out.

4. Get a Earthwing Superglider with some indy 169 trucks and 65mm wheels

Should cost around $150 and its a fun set up

5. you should definitely look at a Kracked Skulls board. they're really inexpensive and are custom made. Since it's a drop-through kind of deck, it has a really low center of gravity that is good for carving and cruising. You can get the m1 deck with Randall 180s, flashback wheels, and abec 5 bearings for around 120 bucks.

KrackedSkulls.com

6. Just cruisin? Do you board dance while you cruise? Personally, I love my Dervish, but I might suggest a pintail with a lot of deckspace for just cruisin.

Perhaps try a drop platform, it's easier for pushing and is extremely stable.

7. how tall are ya and how much do ya way? id recommend at least about a 37 inch board for cruising, really nice length thatll hold plenty of speed and itll be plenty big enough to have both your feet on. and if your just starting out longboarding, i am positive you will eventually wanna try some hills and speed, and its so much better to carve and control your speed on a board thats a bit longer.

ive heard a lotta bad rep about sector 9s but my first board was a sector 9 roundhouse, and it is a pretty sick board for someone starting out. good for carving and fun to fuck around on. ive taken it down some pretty big hills out in the mtns, passed cars in 45 zones easy. yes theyre not that great of quality but when youre only spending a little over a bill on one you shouldnt really expect something incredible. with sector 9s you get what you pay for.

now im riding an original skateboards apex 37, and it is so much fun, amazing flex. its great for getting into freestyle kinda stuff, and also is amazing for carving and side walk surfing. original has tons of different boards, shapes/lengths. just go to their website originalskateboards.com they have team review vids of all the boards

8. Order your board off an online retailer where you can customize the components. Buying a sector9 board would be more acceptable if you got decent wheels, a pretty important part if you really wanna let loose skating. I recommend

SundaeSkates.com longboard skate company Daddies Board Shop: Snowboard and Longboard Skateboard Shop: Sector 9 Longboards, Loaded Longboards, Never Summer Snowboards, Gravity Skateboards, Salomon Snowboards, Rome Snowboards, Landyachtz Longboard Skateboards, Arbor Sports and More. - Home

Any booard atleast 38" will allow you enough room to have a wide stance, but dont go over 42". So a board between 38 and 42 inches. Randall trucks for sure. Gravity high grade 80a wheels, Never summer specifically the heist would be a good place to start. What exactly is your budget?

[​IMG]